Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

UNLOCKED TMOBILE BOLD. NEED ADVICE!!

I transfered my service books from T-Mobile and Im unable to get my browser working other than HotSpot Browser. I upgraded from the 8800 to the bold and my browser was previously working before and now its not. Anybody having this problem?? Also, I can not install AIM or any messenger service besides the BB messenger. All I get is an incompatable device. I need the OS 4.6 from the Rogers network!! Battery is horrible with the most optimal settings, running on the EDGE network, T-Mobile doesn't have 3G. Reception is horrible!! Please need advice on the browser and messenger service!!!
Developer
My Device: You wish.

Re: UNLOCKED TMOBILE BOLD. NEED ADVICE!!

I would be interested to know if you managed to purchase an unauthorized device (as others have mentioned that devices that have obtained via unauthorized channels have been blocked)?

The best way to test this is to try and send a PIN message to yourself. If this doesn't work and works with the same SIM card on a previous BlackBerry I would try to get your money back asap...

Contributor

Im able to PIN all my friends and all diagnostics pass. I know I have a Fave5 and I'm not expecting the 5 rounds circles on the phone because its on the Rogers network. Everything works great, except the signal is crappy. Anybody know were I can find an OS 4.6 thats compatable with the Rogers Bold before I attempt anything stupid!!

Contributor

HELP ME LMAO!!!!!

Developer
My Device: You wish.

There are ways to load other software on your BlackBerry from a different carrier, but doing so will break the device for other functions. There are plenty of threads around the internets that explain how to do this.
New Contributor

I had the browser issue as well.  Try this:

This is what I had to do for TMobile. If you have Wi-fi, use it to go to www.operamini.com. If not download on your computer and transfer to phone.  Download version 3 because it has a network setup wizard. It will install and then it will try to connect.  Shut off your Wi-fi to make sure you are trying to run in the wireless internet.  And check your bowser operation.If you are still not connecting, then go to options>advanced options> TCP    on the first line after APN:, type:

wap.voicestream.com

Hit the back button and save. Run your network setup again. Make sure your wi-fi is off to do this. This is what works for me.  I was told that once tmobile has the support for the bold, we won't need this walk around anymore and to go in and delete the wap.voicestream.com anymore. Then you can change your default browser from hotspot to internet.  Once they create the internet service book, we can stop. This browser is a third party browser. If you have problems with it, then you will have to go to their tech support. Neither RIM or TMobile are supposed to help with this.

Also the opera mini browser is in your downloads folder.  I forgot to mention in the other post that's where it's at.  As far as battery life, mine is bad too. I think us T-mobile people will have to endure until 3G is in place. I already have OS4.6. My phone came from T-mobile Germany. I haven't tried to install AIM or anything like that yet. I've just had my phone for 2 days. You also may want to set your phone to 2G only for now, that might help. Go to: options> mobile network and change network mode. to just 2G. Might give that a try. Hope this helps.

I have exactly the same problem but the solution posted above did not work. Any other ideas?

I am on Swisscom and wondering whether my problem will be solved if they support the Bold by September 15th and change the service books?
Contributor

Hopefully they provide service books or release an update that can fix this problem. It's starting to aggrevate me!!!

Highlighted

i did the operamini install and i now have web browsing. unfortunatly i also have the service books problem from us t-mobile (my bold came from rogers). is there any solution to emails. i cannot send nor recieve emails???