Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

UPDATE REQUIRED everytime plugged into USB and run Desktop Manager

I am recieving a message everytime I plug my phone in and try to use the Desktop Manager. It is telling me I need to update a bunch of applications including the core applications of the phone. I ran this update once before about a month or so ago and haven't really used it with a USB until lately. When plugging it in again I got the same message, so thought maybe more updates had come out and I went ahead with the update process. I recieved a message stating it was completed successfully and went on with my business.

Problem 1: I am unable to view any photographs, videos, ringtones, etc. that are on my phone through Desktop Manager and Roxio Media Manager. I know they are there because I can view them on my phone, I just cannot view them through the computer.

Problem 2: When I unplugged my phone and tried plugging it back in, I am getting the update message again with all the same updates required!!

This is happening on two different computers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Manager and rebooted my phone several times.

My carrier is telling me they cannot help me as it has nothing to do with them!

Please, any suggestions???

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: TSTT (bMobile)

Re: UPDATE REQUIRED everytime plugged into USB and run Desktop Manager

Good afternoon Sarah ...

sarahe48 wrote:

Problem 1: I am unable to view any photographs, videos, ringtones, etc. that are on my phone through Desktop Manager and Roxio Media Manager. I know they are there because I can view them on my phone, I just cannot view them through the computer.

Have you checked Mass Storage Mode to ensure it is enabled?  Goto Options>Memory; check "Mass Storage Mode Support" and ensure it is ON and check "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" this should be YES or ENABLE.

sarahe48 wrote:

Problem 2: When I unplugged my phone and tried plugging it back in, I am getting the update message again with all the same updates required!!

It could be that the installer wrote a reg entry wrong and therefore the DM does not see things "clearly."  The easiest solution to just clear the prompt is to uninstall the BlackBerry Device Software from your computer.  Just to be clear, I am talking about uninstalling the PHONE OS INSTALLER only, not the Desktop Manager software.  Assuming you are on a Windows XP operating system you would go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and select the appropriate "BlackBerry Device Software vX.X.X.X for the BlackBerry XXXX Smartphone" and then click uninstall.  See image:

1978iBED0C392B649595C