Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 3G

UPGRADE OS 5 to OS 6

My BB 9300 Curve 3G has os 5, I want to upgrade to OS 6.Its running well without bug ? I f you have experience with S 6, please share....

Where I cant get OS 6 and how to upgrade it

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: UPGRADE OS 5 to OS 6

Hello,

I think your best guidance will come from the public announcement from RIM about OS 6 availability:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar India

How do I upgrade OS5 to OS6 in my BB 9700 Bold phone? Please help.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

You can download it from BB website choosing your respective service provider.

Let me know your carrier and will c if i can help you by any chance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

bsantanu wrote:

How do I upgrade OS5 to OS6 in my BB 9700 Bold phone? Please help.

Hello,

You can install (upgrade, downgrade, reload) any OS package that is compatible with your BB model number via this procedure:

If you choose to use an OS package that is from a carrier that is not your BB's original carrier, then insert, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML.

Sorry, but via MAC, there is no ability to use these OS packages and I believe further that you are restricted to only those OS packages released by your carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Not Specified

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqXqvUTJLSU

this youtube link should help you out!

Im running OS6 on a Pearl 3g 9105

It works very smoothly; with some minor bugs.  

Though i am unable to use the browser through my wifi connection.. the only problem i am running into so far!

So hopefully they will release an official OS 6

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

BlackBerry 6 is currently only available on the BlackBerry Torch, BlackBerry Style and BlackBerry 9780.  Refer to sdgardne's post for future compatibility.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Cpt_Sweatpants wrote:

Hello all,

BlackBerry 6 is currently only available on the BlackBerry Torch, BlackBerry Style and BlackBerry 9780.  Refer to sdgardne's post for future compatibility.

Thanks

i got it on my 9300 already through rim

New Contributor
My Device: 8220

No true..

I upgraded my Desktop manager & connected my Curve, it prompted for Device OS upgrade..

an man... you will just love working on 6.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G

As far as I know RIM has not yet officially released OS 6 for 9300.

RIM - Everyone is so eager for 6. Launch it soon for public users.

Thanks.