01-19-2014 02:32 PM
MY BBM CURVE 8520 YESTERDAY WAS SHOWING A WHITE SCREEN WITH WORDS app error 523
then l was helped by someone on how to crack the problem and as l was trying that,
today there is now a battery icon showing on the screen with a red X on it
what does that mean , pliz help me crack this problem for once and for all
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-19-2014 03:54 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.
VIA | JSanders
01-19-2014 10:26 PM
For this follow these steps;
NOTE: back up your data first if possible.
1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )
2. download the device software
3. install it on your computer.
4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)
5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER
6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.
7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.
8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.
9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "
that is the time for step 10.
10. put the battery back
and click on "Retry"
11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.
12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"
dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.
If the software reload will not resolve the proble then its hardware.