Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: me

URGENT, I WILL THROW IT IN THE BIN! I cant see the messages on my blackberry curve 8520?

[ Edited ]
when i recive a message the light doesnt flash and it doesnt make a sound and it doesnt vibrate. It does this even when i have it on load. What do i do to fix it?
When i goto the messages app, i cant even see the messages, it only comes up with ones i already have read and not the new ones. What do i do with this?
do i need to change something on settings or what?
i have tried: sms>options>general options>sms and email inboxes>separate. This worked once but after that it didnt make a difference, i still couldnt see any of the neww sms or emails.
what did i do about the red light not flashing when i have a message and it not making a sound even though it is on loud and not silent? it doesnt even vibrate.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: URGENT, I WILL THROW IT IN THE BIN! I cant see the messages on my blackberry curve 8520?

Hi

The Blackberry is designed to be reset by removing the battery whilst the device is powered-on. Leave the battery out for a minute or 2.

See if that resolves the problem.

If not, then lets have some detail, please provide the following

Blackberry Model

Carrier Name

Do you have a Data Plan?

Geographical location

Operating System Version Menu > Options > About - looks like v5.0.0.681

Any error statement or code

Exact nature of problem - the more info the better

Has BB being damaged

Has it been exposed to dirt or moisture - details please.

When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App or download

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: URGENT, I WILL THROW IT IN THE BIN! I cant see the messages on my blackberry curve 8520?

Hi Stevels,

Can you help me with my problem, facebook application is not working on my Curve 9300. I just posted it awhile ago but nobody seems to care to help.

Would appreacite your help. Thank you

Forums Veteran I

Hi

leondrie wrote:

Hi Stevels,

I just posted it awhile ago but nobody seems to care to help.

We are a community of ordinary BB users so it relies on someone logging in and having the knowledge or intent to help. Sadly, most people post a problem and do not return. Yet it is a massive resource for learning about BB's.

Oh, and I was at the dentist when you posted.

leondrie wrote:

Hi Stevels,

Can you help me with my problem, facebook application is not working on my Curve 9300.

Has it ever worked?

Use the following as a guide to provide more info

Please provide the following

Blackberry Model

Carrier Name

Do you have a Data Plan?

Geographical location

Has BB being damaged

When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App or download

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Stevels, thank for your quick reponse, below is my initial posting regaring my problem.

leondrie wrote:

Hi, I have this new Curve 9300 V5.0.0.977 Platform6.3.0.63 Branding version1.0.88.282G. I have subscribed to a BIS. I downloaded social netwoking applications such as Twitter and Facebook directly from Backberry Phone. Unfortunately Facebook is not working error message as follows "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. If you want to use this application please contact your service provider to upgrade the plan". I tried to contact my service provider and they dont know also why.

I tried to use Blackberry application world but its not working as well message as follows" Blackberry App World is not currently available in your country. Please checkBlackberry.com for updates."

Can someone help me with these?

Thank you very much.. Help much appreciated.

stevels400 wrote:

Hi

leondrie wrote:

Hi Stevels,

I just posted it awhile ago but nobody seems to care to help.

We are a community of ordinary BB users so it relies on someone logging in and having the knowledge or intent to help. Sadly, most people post a problem and do not return. Yet it is a massive resource for learning about BB's.

Oh, and I was at the dentist when you posted.

leondrie wrote:

Hi Stevels,

Can you help me with my problem, facebook application is not working on my Curve 9300.

Has it ever worked?

Use the following as a guide to provide more info

Please provide the following

Blackberry Model

Carrier Name

Do you have a Data Plan?

Geographical location

Has BB being damaged

Forums Veteran I

leondrie wrote:

Hi Stevels, thank for your quick reponse, below is my initial posting regaring my problem.

leondrie wrote:

Hi, I have this new Curve 9300 V5.0.0.977 Platform6.3.0.63 Branding version1.0.88.282G. I have subscribed to a BIS. I downloaded social netwoking applications such as Twitter and Facebook directly from Backberry Phone. Unfortunately Facebook is not working error message as follows "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. If you want to use this application please contact your service provider to upgrade the plan". I tried to contact my service provider and they dont know also why.

I tried to use Blackberry application world but its not working as well message as follows" Blackberry App World is not currently available in your country. Please checkBlackberry.com for updates."

Reset the device

The Blackberry is designed to be reset by removing the battery whilst the device is powered-on. Leave the battery out for a minute or 2.

Some of the things you are reporting suggest a Wi-Fi Connection issue. Its worth ruling that out before any further action. So, do you have a good Wi-Fi connection on the BB. The name of your router should appear alongside the name of your carrier and the Wi-Fi symbol should be black and white, not greyed-out or faint.

Contributor

stevels400 wrote:

leondrie wrote:

leondrie wrote:

Reset the device

Some of the things you are reporting suggest a Wi-Fi Connection issue. Its worth ruling that out before any further action. So, do you have a good Wi-Fi connection on the BB. The name of your router should appear alongside the name of your carrier and the Wi-Fi symbol should be black and white, not greyed-out or faint.

Just did what you have said but the same thing happen. I do have a WI-FI Connection and it appears alongside sith my carrier. I was able to connect Twitter and other applications except for Facebook.

Forums Veteran I

Hi again

I've just spent ages looking in to this issue and I cannot find a satisfactory answer.

Some apps - and FB is one of them - are not permitted by some authorities. So if you are in such a geograhical area or the device is set to such a location. It won't work.

The app world error has received many comments on this and other BB forums. The work round seems to be to downgrade to an earlier version of app world or simply to obtain the apps from another provider.

here is a link that might help

KB25521

Contributor

I just found out the solution of my problem regarding  facebook not working on BBM Curve 9300. What I did was to download the old version of the facebook application which is the version 1.6. and not the newest version 1.9 which I think was the deafault download in the BBM download application. 

when you try to download try to sroll down there is a small link about about downloading the version 1.6 Facebook application. its kinda old but at least its working.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

leondrie wrote:

I just found out the solution of my problem regarding  facebook not working on BBM Curve 9300. What I did was to download the old version of the facebook application which is the version 1.6. and not the newest version 1.9 which I think was the deafault download in the BBM download application. 

when you try to download try to sroll down there is a small link about about downloading the version 1.6 Facebook application. its kinda old but at least its working.

Glad you're up and running.