Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

USB Device Not Recongized

I have a blackberry curve 8330m smartphone. I recently recontacted a friend that I had not talked to in almost a year. We realized we both had blackberries and were going to use blackberry messenger to communicate. I was sure that it would already be on my computer since it was her. However, it was not. I first used the web browser on my blackberry but it would not let me download it from there saying that I did not have the proper requirement. I decided to try and find CD that came with my backberry when I bought it and could not locate it. I then went onto blackberry.com and downloaded the desktop manager to be able to add the blackberry messenger because it wouldn't let me down load it from my blackberry. It all installed fine but now when I plug my phone up to my computer with my USB cord it comes up with a pop up bubble at the bottom of the desktop that says USB Device not recongized. With this problem it will not let me connect my blackberry to my Device Manager to be able to add the blackberry messenger app. I have read every post about the blackberry curve 8330m and I can not figure out what I need to do for my situation. If someone could please help me with this. My friend does not have text messaging or a computer so it is hard for us to communicate without having this application.

Thank you! 

B.Cooper

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: USB Device Not Recongized

Uninstall Desktop Manager and re-install Desktop Manager (without media manager). You can download it from the below location -

Desktop Manager 5.0.0 B28 English - Without Media Manager

• File name: 500_b028_english_nomediamanager.exe
  • File size: 87.402 MB
  • Date posted: 17-Jul-09

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How will that get mt computer to reconigze when I plug my phone into my computer using the USB port.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is the list of troubleshooting KB's...hopefully something will be useful:

KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector

Apologies in advance if this is redundant -- there's no way to be sure if you've already seen and tried these.

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................