Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

USB driver for Curve 8330 using Desktop Manager 4.2.2

I would like to use the Curve 8330 with the Desktop Manager 4.2.2, rather than 4.3.  I have a software program that will not work with 4.3.  But I can't find a USB driver for the 8330, without having Desktop Manager 4.3 installed.  Is there an appropriate USB driver for this?
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: USB driver for Curve 8330 using Desktop Manager 4.2.2

I was able to get the BlackBerry driver installed on a computer without Desktop Manager by connecting my device to the computer via USB, then letting Windows search for the driver from the Windows Udpate site.
New Contributor

Mine doesn't find a driver, unless I have the Desktop Manager 4.3 installed.  When it's not installed, it shows a USB device that doesn't have a driver, and Windows can't find an appropriate driver.  I run XP Pro SP2.  When the Desktop Manager 4.3 is installed, it finds a device called Blackberry SmartPhone.  This driver is getting uninstalled, when I uninstall the Desktop Manager to install the prior release.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

New Contributor

I finally got this to work! 

·         I reinstalled the Desktop Manager 4.3, and configured the Blackberry Smartphone USB device driver.  (I did this to find the device driver file.)

·         I checked it’s properties and identified the driver file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\RimUsb.sys).  I copied this file to the desktop and noted the location.

·         I uninstalled the Desktop Manager 4.3, and installed the Desktop Manager 4.2.2.  (This requires a reboot.)

·         At this point the original driver file was now gone (uninstalled), so I copied it back to the original location before I rebooted.

·         I rebooted, and the device was still configured and working properly.

·         Then, within the Desktop Manager 4.2.2, I detected the USB device and tested the transfer of files.  Success!

I hope this helps others.  Thanks for your support.

Contributor

The Windows Update Search worked for me but NOT in a RDP session; you must be logged at the server console.

- ThePro