05-30-2008 01:32 PM
05-30-2008 02:15 PM
05-30-2008 04:46 PM
Mine doesn't find a driver, unless I have the Desktop Manager 4.3 installed. When it's not installed, it shows a USB device that doesn't have a driver, and Windows can't find an appropriate driver. I run XP Pro SP2. When the Desktop Manager 4.3 is installed, it finds a device called Blackberry SmartPhone. This driver is getting uninstalled, when I uninstall the Desktop Manager to install the prior release.
Any help would be appreciated.
05-31-2008 11:26 AM
I finally got this to work!
· I reinstalled the Desktop Manager 4.3, and configured the Blackberry Smartphone USB device driver. (I did this to find the device driver file.)
· I checked it’s properties and identified the driver file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\RimUsb.sys). I copied this file to the desktop and noted the location.
· I uninstalled the Desktop Manager 4.3, and installed the Desktop Manager 4.2.2. (This requires a reboot.)
· At this point the original driver file was now gone (uninstalled), so I copied it back to the original location before I rebooted.
· I rebooted, and the device was still configured and working properly.
· Then, within the Desktop Manager 4.2.2, I detected the USB device and tested the transfer of files. Success!
I hope this helps others. Thanks for your support.