Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

USB mass storage mode not working

I have a 8320 (Curve) with OS v4.5.0.52 and I can't get the Mass Storage Mode to work.
I have used the following configurations:

Options -> Media Card
Media Card Support: On
Encryption Mode: none
Mass Storage Mode Support: On
Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

and

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

The bb does recognize the SD card.  I can play music stored on it and do some other stuff.  The DM does recognize the card too, and theRoxio Media Manager also works (way too slow, obviously).  I formatted the card and nothing happened.  I took it out and used it on mylaptop, filled it with music and nothing happened.  My Curve can still play music and do stuff with it, but the USB Mass Storage still doesn't work (I've tested it in different computers, with Vista/XP... the device manager will recognize the phone, but not the card).

I wouldn't mind it so much, except for the fact that Roxio MM is terribly slow and that I use a clip-on crystal case on my device that is reallyhard to take off (plus is bugging to have to turn off and restart the bb every time I want to copy something to my card)
Any suggestions?

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't.
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: USB mass storage mode not working

Did you format the card from your Computer, or on the BlackBerry.

SD Cards should always be formatted by the BlackBerry.  Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card, click the [Menu] button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) and select Format Card.

If you have formatted the card on the BlackBerry and you still can't get Mass Storage Mode to work, what happens if you select Enable Mass Storage Mode from the [Menu] above? 

Jerry
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I think the Mass Storage mode works fine on your Blackberry.
But you may need to install the "USB Drivers for Blackberry in english" on your PC.

To do so, go to the download section of blackberry.com , choose the "Desktop Manager" and crawn until you see the USB drivers in english.

another thing : don't open the desktop manager if you want to use mass-storage mode.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I formated the Card using the bb... didn't work.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't.
New Contributor

I tried looking for the USB drivers, but I can only find them in Itallian, French and other languages, but not english!
New Contributor

Do you have a link for it? Smiley Very Happy
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

[ Edited ]

h4x0rmx wrote:
I tried looking for the USB drivers, but I can only find them in Itallian, French and other languages, but not english!

hello,

that's because you did not do exactly what I told you to.
You must go on the "desktop manager" section fot he download page. And not the "usb drivers" section.
Then You'll find the usb drivers in english.

the link is here :

BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.5 B13)

• File name: BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.5 B13).msi
  • File size: 12.33545 MB
  • Date posted: 24-June-07

Message Edited by Xandrex on 09-08-2008 01:46 AM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I do have the drivers installed, but just in case I downloaded them againand installed them... still not working.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Just to be clear on the problem, can you explain the USB mass stoage doesn't work problem?

Are you saying you can't see the media card from the PC?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

That's right.. I can not see the SD media card on my PC when the phone is connected via USB.