Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: o2

USING AS USB DRIVE

ok so recently i got a torch 9810 put a new mem card in it got a lot of mp3s on phone which i was wanting to put onto new pc so connect through usb select onscreen to use as usb drive as soon as i start copying it fails and just brings up the options for usb drive / sync media / charge only again

how can i fix this?

just to let you know my device software is up to date and have transferered files to pc from other devices and phones without issue

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: USING AS USB DRIVE

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That sounds like the connection between the device and the PC failed for a moment, and then re-connected. Often, the root cause of that is physical:

1) Bad USB Port on the PC
2) Bad USB cable
3) Bad port on the BB

Trying different ones (of course, there is only one port on the BB) can sometimes get it working well. Also, make sure the cable is well seated in the BB port...some are looser than others, and that can result in the behavior you describe.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................