Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Un Install Blackberry Media Synch

hello,

i accidently let this function synch up with my blackberry storm through Desktop Manager and now it slows everything down when i plug the phone into the computer.  i don't want it to synch up with iTunes.  is there any way to reverse the process or remove it?

thanks in advance

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Un Install Blackberry Media Synch

Which version of the Desktop Manager are you using? If you're using an earlier version of the Desktop Manager you can modify the installation. Go into Control Panel | Add/Remove Prograns. Select the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and hit the Change/Remove button. Choose to Modify the installation. When you get to the part where it lists the 4 choices with drop down arrows, choose the option with the X that says this feature will not be installed next to the Media Manager. I think if you're using Desktop Manager 5.0 you can modify the installation and just not check the box to install the Media Manager.

If you can't modify the existing installation you can download the Desktop Manager version that does not come with the media manager and go through the installation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thanks Jmr.Smiley Happy

i think it just allowed me to un-install it directly from Add/Remove Programs.  version is 4.7.  Another question,

ever since i let it run the Media Synch i'm getting these messages when trying to move any of my song files, something about the file has extra information attached that may be lost when copying  :Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA 

sometimes i cant re-locate a music file at all with this.  any ways to un-do those?

Elite I

I never heard of that before. I just found this KB article about it however

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13290

I don't use Media Sync. I just make use of a BlackBerry's Mass Storage Mode and copy my music onto my media card using Windows Explorer

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

Thanks again, wow okay there's a posting with a solution, i will try that.  by the way, i've never heard of a media card untill using the desktop tools.  where does a media card go?  in your phone?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yes -- the Media Card is the RIM nomenclature for the SD card that can be installed into BB's.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I

If you're interested in getting a SD card, first check which OS you're running. Depending on what OS your BlackBerry is tells you what size microSD card you can buy. You can check under Options | About (will be listed as v4.xx.xxx). Look at the chart at the following link to see what size you can obtain - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461
Highlighted
New Contributor

okay, thanks again.  it says i can get up to 32 gig.  

one thing i'm not sure about, if this phone supposedly had 8 gigs of memory at the time of purchase, how come you would need to get a separate memory card?  maybe i was very mis-informed at the store? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I don't think any BB has 8GB in device memory...a media card is required to reach such levels. You were mis-informed. Unless...do you presently have an 8GB media card in your BB? And is it just not being recognized? If so, that may be a different issue than we have been addressing...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................