Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Unable ro recieve SMS messages

I've just set up my e-mail account on my new Blackberry Storm, and I can send text messages, but I can't recieve any. I can recieve e-mails, though!!! Anyone know what I can do?

-The Piccolo

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Unable ro recieve SMS messages

First try resetting the device taking out the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall it again, if not 

Call Verizon Customer Services or log in on your account and resend the service books.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
My Device: Not Specified

I have a Storm. I love the email capability as I have multiple personal and business email accounts, but annoyingly about once a week it stops receiving SMS messages. Emails are fine. I only find out when senders ask me why I never replied to their SMS. I take the battery out, wait 30 seconds or more, put the battery back in, and then some (only some) of the SMS messages start to come through to me. I am sure I cannot be the only person with this issue. Is this some sort of oftware bug? Is their a patch/fix - anyone got any ideas/suggestions.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

In addition to the battery removal, I was told to dial *228 from your phone, then press option 1.  This does something to reset or verify your setup.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

San-Diego-Homes wrote:
In addition to the battery removal, I was told to dial *228 from your phone, then press option 1.  This does something to reset or verify your setup.

Note -- *228 programming applies to VZW for sure...I am not sure about other carriers...

Typically, you should only have to do the option 1 programming when you are setting up your BB initially -- as well as any time after a major update (OS device update, for instance). But, you should also be dialing *228 and selecting option 2...and you should do that (option 2) monthly.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................