Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
Accepted Solution

Unable to Connect to the Internet

My phone was working fine yesterday, then no internet/email service today.  I check the network "Services Status" under "manage Connections" and the Blackberry Internet Service say's "Not Connected".  I cycled power several times and the connection came and went a few times today, but is dead now.  I even tried switching data from "global" to "1xev" and it did nothing (so I switched it back).  The network connection status DOES show that I have 1xev AND at least 3 bars of service.  Not sure what's going on.  Anyone else having this problem?
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Unable to Connect to the Internet

Contact your wireless provider support service to clarify the situation.

Maybe there is a failure at wireless provider site and they are working hard to fix it.

Contact them and clarify the situation.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Have your carrier push out the "Service Books" to your phone again.
Once you go Black you don't go Back!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

FIXED!  The service rep had me do a "soft reset": leaving the phone on, pull the battery and replace.  It takes a couple of minutes to reboot.  Didn't work.  Then she had me clear all of my browser caches.  That fixed it.  She explained that RIM also suggests doing the soft reset about once a week for various reasons.  Sounds good to me.
Highlighted
vee
My Device: Not Specified

hey can you please explain to me how to do a soft reset?

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I"ve got the solution and its really simple.you don't to take your battery out just go to the security option you will get your solution there.