Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Unable to Receive International Text Messages

hello everyone...

I am able to send but not receive text messages from an international number.  I thought that it was a carrier problem when I had my BlackBerry Storm on Verizon.  I bought a Torch from AT&T and ported my number.  24 hours later I am having the exact same problem.  However, I can send and receive text messages to the international number on my fathers Palm and he is with AT&T as well.  The common denominator here seems to be the phone number and phone model.  Has anyone run into this?  I was on the phone with AT&T for an hour with no luck...same with Verizon last week. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Unable to Receive International Text Messages

I had a similar problem with a cell phone once. The problem was with the phone number itself. At some place, they have the phone number set up to allow receiving (international) text messages. I was not able to get any text messages, because the phone number was set up like a land line. After talking to support, I think that it was T-Mobile at that time, they needed to do some research, but were able to fix it.