Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to Sync to Outlook - Error message

Hello,

Brand new BB user here.

I'm on XP and I'm trying to sync Outlook 2003 to my Bold with BBManager 4.6.  Everything seems to work fine except for Calendar.  It appears to by syncing and then after record #38 out of 155 (I don't think the number is important), it locks up and I receive this error message:

"Error Encountered.  Error Code - 0x80040fb3.

Check documentation

Frustrating.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Unable to Sync to Outlook - Error message

I came across this KB article with that error message. Take a look

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14818

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

lol

I've been "scouring" the internet, forums, etc... looking for something with that error.  You found it in .0003 seconds.  Smiley Happy

Thanks I'll take a look.

B

New Contributor

Well, I don't think I have any attachments in Calendar.  I've looked and don't see any.

Any other suggestions?

thanks

Elite I

Just to make sure try this in your calendar to locate any attachments. Go into Tools | Find | Advanced Find. Make sure your search ciritera looks like the below image then hit the Find Now button.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

Thanks for your help.  I'll try it and let you know.
New Contributor

Unfortunately, I didn't have any Calendar items with an attachment.  That is definitely the same error code I am getting.  Is there any support directly through a Blackberry technician?  Or is it all via the forums?
Elite I

If you contact your carrier then can transfer you over to RIM. There are also RIM Technicians that are on the boards from time to time that help out.
Elite I

So all of your calendar entries are in Outlook correct? If so you can try clearing the calendar database on the device to see if that helps. To do that go into the Backup and Restore icon, then go into Advanced. On the right hand side you'll see all of the BlackBerry databases. Select the Calendar and hit the Clear button. Try synching afterwards.

Did you try the Advanced Logging feature to see which record is getting stuck? If you find it you can remove it from the calendar and then try syncing.

New Contributor

Well I cleared out the calendar.  There were two actually.  One said "calendar" and one said "calendar-all".  I cleared both of them and then re-synchronized.  It still didn't work.  It is getting stuck at #38.

A few days back I created the log you referenced and attempted to read or decipher where the glitch might be.  However, I can't figure out what I'm looking at.

Based on your recommendation, I revisit that again tonight.

Thanks for your time and help!