06-11-2012 10:33 PM - edited 06-11-2012 10:40 PM
Just updated software to 6.0 Bundle 3084 and getting a Sync Error message on ONE record that is not in my outlook or my BB. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted my computer and BB several times. NOTHING works!
Please advise on a solution.
Phone = BB Bold 9650
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-11-2012 11:43 PM
Same thing just happened to me. BB Curve with V4.5 on it, and Windows XP. in addition to rebooting I also deleted my BB device from the desktop software and started from scratch and sync is still hanging up on a calendar entry that has been deleted from both the computer and BB, also have rebooted both several times to no avail...
06-12-2012 10:38 AM
I tried the same thing as you and still the same issues. Still unable to sync which is a problem because I am dependent on my BB to get me through the work day.
06-12-2012 05:47 PM
How long does it typically take to get a solution on here? I'm just wondering how long I'm going to have to walk around with a printout of my outlook appointments.
06-12-2012 06:06 PM
So as to properly set your expectations, this site has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support at all. Rather, this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try their best to help out other kind souls. As such, there is zero service level commitment...timing will be nothing but variable, and no answer may well be what happens. Typically, we try not to let that happen, though somehow yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. Sorry about that.
I can't tell, from your quick posts, exactly what you've attempted, so I recommend this:
Failing that, if it's indeed a bad record, you might try advanced logging:
If you can identify, via some means, that there is a bad record and you can identify the record number, then I've heard that exporting from Outlook will result in a file that is in the same order as the synchronization works in...which could help guide you to the corrupt record that is causing the problems.
Hope something there is helpful to your situation!
Good luck and let us know!
06-13-2012 01:28 PM
The record that was terminating the sync was a recurring Outlook event. Even though the error pointed to a "specific date", I had to delete the entire series and re-sync. Issue resolved.
06-13-2012 02:03 PM
06-13-2012 02:21 PM
Unfortunatly I am still stuck. My phanton appt was recurring as well, but I deleted the entire series. I removed my BB desktop software and reinstalled the latest and greatest... no avail. My BB deivce is up to speed with updates. I am not yet ready to uninstall the BB device software and do that route, I am chicken LOL. I am going to try the sync process again on Friday as the date of the phantom message is June 14... hopefully if I try to only sync dates in the future it will be a work around.