Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Unable to Sync with Outlook after update to 6.0 Bundle 3084

[ Edited ]

Just updated software to 6.0 Bundle 3084 and getting a Sync Error message on ONE record that is not in my outlook or my BB.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted my computer and BB several times.  NOTHING works!

Please advise on a solution.

Phone = BB Bold 9650

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830

Re: Unable to Sync with Outlook after update to 6.0 Bundle 3084

Same thing just happened to me. BB Curve with V4.5 on it, and  Windows XP. in addition to rebooting I also deleted my BB device from the desktop software and started from scratch and sync is still hanging up on a calendar entry that has been deleted from both the computer and BB, also  have rebooted both several times to no avail...

New Contributor

I tried the same thing as you and still the same issues.    Still unable to sync which is a problem because I am dependent on my BB to get me through the work day.

New Contributor

How long does it typically take to get a solution on here?  I'm just wondering how long I'm going to have to walk around with a printout of my outlook appointments.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

So as to properly set your expectations, this site has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support at all. Rather, this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try their best to help out other kind souls. As such, there is zero service level commitment...timing will be nothing but variable, and no answer may well be what happens. Typically, we try not to let that happen, though somehow yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. Sorry about that.

I can't tell, from your quick posts, exactly what you've attempted, so I recommend this:

Failing that, if it's indeed a bad record, you might try advanced logging:

• KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

If you can identify, via some means, that there is a bad record and you can identify the record number, then I've heard that exporting from Outlook will result in a file that is in the same order as the synchronization works in...which could help guide you to the corrupt record that is causing the problems.

Hope something there is helpful to your situation!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply Guru!  I will see if this works and let you know!

New Contributor

The record that was terminating the sync was a recurring Outlook event.  Even though the error pointed to a "specific date", I had to delete the entire series and re-sync.  Issue resolved. 

Woo hoo! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent! Enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830

Unfortunatly I am still stuck. My phanton appt was recurring as well, but I deleted the entire series. I removed my BB desktop software and reinstalled the latest and greatest... no avail. My BB deivce is up to speed with updates. I am not yet ready to uninstall the BB device software and do that route, I am chicken LOL.   I am going to try the sync  process again on Friday as the date of the phantom message is June 14... hopefully if I try to only sync dates in the future it will be a work around.