Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unable to access AppWorld

I am trying to download an app on to my Blackberry Curve 9320.  The app requires me to enter my Blackberry id but states that I am using an incorrect password and so fails.

I know that the id details are correct as I am able to access emails.

Password reset won't work because I cannot remember the answer to the question!

Why will my id work on the phone but not on appworld?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Unable to access AppWorld

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

I would suggest you check out the link below

How to regain access to your BBID

Thanks for the reply Rob.

I can access my BBID for general use but not for AppWorld. I have not previously downloaded apps on this handset and had to update the software before being able to do so. That's when the problem started.....
New Contributor

Have continued to struggle with this one.

I have checked for software updates. The handset is up to date.

I have removed Blackberry World and reinstalled it.

I have cleared the cache.

It makes no sense that my BBID is accepted for email synchronisation but not for downloading apps.

Reading various forums I am not alone. Does anyone have a fix for this please?
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi chemexhants

On your first post you stated that you don't have access to your BlackBerry ID  as you forgotten your password as well as security answer to the question , in that situation your present issue is normal because BlackBerry world use our BlackBerry ID Crediantials , also on a BlackBerry running OS7 BlackBerry ID is deep integrated with our device . 

So please go through the link which Rob already posted and create a new BlackBerry ID and use it on your device to access all applications which one way or other realted to our BlackBerry ID .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I have created a new ID but it is still not being recognised. Every time I attempt to log in using the new ID I get the message 'Enter the user name associated with this handset', and the loop continues.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

chemexhants wrote:
I have created a new ID but it is still not being recognised. Every time I attempt to log in using the new ID I get the message 'Enter the user name associated with this handset', and the loop continues.

Hi chemexhants

Have you followed all instruction accordingly as suggested with that knowledge base Smiley Happy

Our BlackBerry will only accept one BlackBerry ID at a time , So as you already created a new BlackBerry ID first do a full backup of your device using desktop software , for help refer to this KB Article :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Once you have your backup you have to perform a security wipe within your device which should include user installed application as well as emails , you can remove your media card while doing so . After a device wipe you'll be able to use your new BlackBerry ID without any trouble , For you convenience I'm posting that KB article again :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

I hope it will resolve your current issue , let us know if you feel any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.