Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: KPN Netherlands

Unable to access Payment Options after install v4.0.0.63

After I updated to BB AppWorld v4.0.0.55 (and after that to v4.0.0.63) last week, I cannot access 'Payment Options' in 'My Account'. It shows a very, very short the green 'wait' icon, and after that nothing happens. Not even the login window appears. Also I'm unable to buy anything from App World. When I want to pay for an App, I click the blue 'Buy' button, and the same thing happens.. the green 'wait' icon appears (in this case about 30 seconds) and disappears, with letting me in the choosen app window (I should get the 'pay page').

During install of v4.0.0.55, I was asked to install a new version of BlackBerry ID (v5.3.0.14) which I did.

During the install of AppWorld v4.0.0.55, v4.0.0.63 and BlackBerry ID v5.3.0.14, no errors occurred.

After that, I removed versions 55 and 63 several times and rebooted, with no succes. Also I've removed BB ID v 5.3.0.14 and the steps above, so I had to reinstall AppWorld trough the known web link, it installed (again) with no errors, but did not take effect to the issue..

So.. I choose to downgrade to a previous version (at the moment AppWorld v3.1.0.58, English version) and everything works fine! When I access 'My Account', I have to login , and I can (when I want to) change my payment options normally. Also I can buy an app from AppWorld in the usual way..

Can anyone help with this?? To me it is clear, that it has anything to do with te upgrade to AppWorld v4 and/or Blackberry ID v5.3.0.14

I'm now working two days on it without success.

Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

BlackBerry ID: 5.3.0.14

(Affected) AppWorld: v4.0.0.55 and v4.0.0.63 (both Dutch language)

Blackberry Bold 9700
OS 5