Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Unable to authenticate user at this time.

I had the same issue and it was an expired credit card via pay pal. What a pain that was to figure out. Thank goodness for this little thread.

Thank you.

JML322

My Device: Tour 9630

Please help me. I have never encountered a frustrating, unsolvable scenario on a smartphone like this one. I just can't login. It never happened before and I really need to register my paid apps. 

Erik
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ErikSax wrote:

Please help me. I have never encountered a frustrating, unsolvable scenario on a smartphone like this one. I just can't login. It never happened before and I really need to register my paid apps. 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

1) In this thread (yes, I know it's long), there are several things to try. Please go through the thread carefully and try them all. Report back the results of all with details.

2) "I just can't login" -- so, you try and your BB does nothing at all? Details please.

3) "I really need to register my paid apps" -- huh? AppWorld will only keep record of apps that you purchase through it. If you want to "register" some otherwise purchased apps into AppWorld, you cannot do that anyway.

4) Give us more details:

a) Your specific device model

b) Your specific device OS level (all 4 octets)

c) Your specific carrier and country

d) Your specific AppWorld version (again, 4 octets)

e) Details details details....

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

The problem occurred when I was instructed to "wipe" my device to "start provisioning" after swapping to a Nextel device temporarily. Ever since it has been in App World limbo. Also, the apps did not "wipe". I am running OS 5.0.0.230 on a Sprint Tour 9630 (United States). I upgraded from OS 4.7 to avoid the repeating fatal reset every few hours and have had no resets since, however this new twist is quite a pickler. Now when I run App World version 1.1.0.24 I cannot login using my PayPal information, even though I can download the BlackBerry PayPal App from the App World and successfully login immediately using the same information. BTW, I have "wiped" my BB twice with the same results.

Erik

Additionally, I did read the posts and found that the solution was hidden in a private message. That is why I posted, in hope of receiving a private message that I can use as well to solve this problem.

Erik
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

Ahhh...yes, that is a different kettle of fish! Swapping to a new BB is a different issue than I gathered from your first post. Thanks!

Now...

ErikSax wrote:

Also, the apps did not "wipe".

So, this is on the new 9630. You performed a WIPE, but the apps did not wipe. As in -- you see their icons on the homescreen? Or you see them listed in Options > Applications?

And, what method of WIPE are you performing?

KB16307 Actions that the BlackBerry smartphone performs during a BlackBerry smartphone wipe processes

ErikSax wrote:

Now when I run App World version 1.1.0.24 I cannot login using my PayPal information

Same question as #2 in my prior post...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

ErikSax wrote:

Additionally, I did read the posts and found that the solution was hidden in a private message. That is why I posted, in hope of receiving a private message that I can use as well to solve this problem.

The only private message solution I have participated in has nothing to do with any of the symptoms you have so far revealed. If someone else has done some PMs that seem to be relevant to your issue, then I've not been a party to that and don't have a clue what they might have stated.

This is what I Googled to find this post: "Unable to authenticate user at this time. Please try again later."

That simple error message appear now when I try to login to BlackBerry App World. Additionally, when I "wiped" my device, I did it under instructions from Sprint Technical Support. They provided a code each time that enabled the "wipe." I don't know why that would not be sufficient to start from scratch. I purchased several Apps while using BB App World on this very device, but now I cannot even login. The only reason I need to login is to read the codes for the Apps I purchase when I could login, before the "wipe." I hope that I provided enough information this time.

Erik

Oh yes. The "wipe" left apps behind, as in did not "wipe" them. Pandora, Bible Reader, Repligo Reader, etc. were not wiped either time.

Erik

I was given a special six digit code to enabled each wipe  after typing in ##dig -its into my phone dialer.

Erik