Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: KPN
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect BlackBerry Bold 9900 to Volvo V70

I have a Volvo V70 (brandnew) 2013 and want to connect my BlackBerry Bold 9900 (os version 7.1.0) using BlueTooth.

The car doesn't recognize the BB.

If I turn the car in "discover mode" and on my BB start searching for a BlueTooth device, it does find "My Volvo Car" and it allows me to stream music. However, if I select "Search for phone" fromout the car, it doesn't find my BB (At BB, BlueTooth = ON / Discoverable = ON).

According to the dealer, Volvo did succesfully test the BB 9900 with OS 7.0.0. 

Dealer also upgraded the software in my car ==> stil doesn't work.

Does anybody know how to resolve this? 

The other option would be to downgrade my BB to OS version 7.0.0, but I am not so sure this will resolve the issue.

FYI: Also my BB 9900 has been tested with a brand new Volvo V70 2014 model ==> Doesn't work either. Same issue.

Looking forward for any help!

Thanks,

Richard

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: KPN

Re: Unable to connect BlackBerry Bold 9900 to Volvo V70

Hi,

I have resolved the issue myself, by using the information in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Blackberry-Bold-9900-Bluetooth-failed-connect...

The last post in this link shows what to do. I did this on my BB, and was able to connect now succesfully my BB to the Volvo V70. I had to redo the pairing 3-4 times, but then it worked.

Regards,

Richard