Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to connect to Blackberry App World

After successfully logging into Blackberry App World with my PayPal account I received the message..
Can not connect to Blackberry App World server. Make sure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again.    I have been getting this message for the last few days.  I am able to browse the net using the blackberry browser.
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to connect to Blackberry App World

I've been having the same issue for at least 3 days as well. I had to wipe my phone for whatever reason and when I re-installed AppWorld, I was unable to log in. Not impressed as I'd like to re-install my paid apps.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

AppWorld sometimes cannot be reached, it should be okay after a few hours or a few days depending on your location.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same issue BuBBaBO listed.

I have un-installed, rebooted and re-installed App World many times. I've installed it through my computer and through my phone. I verified my Paypal address only has one e-mail connected to it. I have re-downloaded service books and ensured all permissions are set up properly. I can access e-mail and the internet without an issue.

I wiped my Blackberry earlier as I was having freezing issues and now I cannot access App World.

Blackberry Bold 9000

Updated Device Software

Rogers Wireless customer

I have been able to use the App World many times before now without an issue.

I am hoping there is a solution to this, even if it's just a temporary issue.

EDIT: It seems to have been a temporary issue - I am now able to connect to App World with no problems.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I have not been able to connect for days.  I'm receiving the same error message as noted here.

Carrier:  AT&T
Blackberry 9000
v4.6.0.304
AppWorld v 1.10.33
BIS

Very frustrating.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what is the exact error message? is it: 

BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again.

if so, please read the following article from the public knowledge base.

KB20031

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I was experiencing the following error:

"BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I experienced this for days and weeks on end.  Possibly over a month where I was unable to download new apps or upgrade existing apps.  I was waiting for RIM to address this issue in an upgrade to Blackberry App World.  This is extremely frustrating and it is quite absurd that RIM would not immediately address this.  It is this type of event that pushes us away from RIM and towards the other alternatives on the market.

With that said, this is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Logged into http://www.blackberry.com/blackberryid using my existing ID and password.

2. Changed my e-mail address to an e-mail address that was NOT associated with my PayPal account.

3. Changed my user ID to match the user name of my e-mail address (i.e., username@email.com).

4. Changed my password for good measure.

5. I was then able to login to Blackberry App World through my phone.

I believe the issue in my case is that my PayPal account is a commercial account associated with multiple e-mail addresses.  I was previously using a BBAW e-mail address that was associated with my commercial PayPal account.  I believe by changing my BBAW e-mail address to an e-mail address NOT associated with my commercial PayPal account it corrected the problem.

If your e-mail address is associated with both BBAW and PayPal, try creating another e-mail address for BBAW that is NOT associated with your PayPal account and see if that works.  It is worth a try.

RIM, please correct this stuff before we move over to your competition!  A phone without the ability to download new applications or upgrade existing applications is nearly useless!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Cricket

Quite frankly I don't believe Research in Motion (BlackBerry Developer) really gives a rats **bleep** when dealing with consumer clients.
I am on a BB 8530 Curve and a couple of weeks ago and have changed BB pswd ID numerous times. I have downloaded appworld several times. Ended up removing and re-installing so **bleep** many times I get silly thinking about it.
I'm in San Diego County and using CricKet Wire-less for as my carrier. Last week I took my BB8530 to CricKet Corporate Store and sat in the customer waiting area for two and a half hours and they were on the telephone with BB support and they handed back to me in the same condition as I delivered it! No-workee! If I can find a new phone for a reasonable price I am going to rid myself of Blackberry for good! They don't give a Rat's **bleep** about me or anyone else who is not a RIM employed staff person.
Respectfully,

Dennis C. Cooney, US Navy Retired,
Vietnam Veteran