Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9800
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: Unable to connect to the internet?

still didnt work!!!

no help with battery either!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Alright, then as I said in my previous post. Call your Service provider to see if they can provide their browser settings (they may not be able to as they may not be able to support the device).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My wife's phone (torch) had th same issue and after spending 45 min with AT&T he was told that there is a problem in the network that's affecting 1% of the customers. If you still have the problem call them. In my case her phone didn't have the little blackberry logo next to 3G and the bars. (it had it before)
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

fashionusa wrote:
My wife's phone (torch) had th same issue and after spending 45 min with AT&T he was told that there is a problem in the network that's affecting 1% of the customers. If you still have the problem call them. In my case her phone didn't have the little blackberry logo next to 3G and the bars. (it had it before)

User is not on AT&T

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem... I've posted this message on AT&T forums as well.

My problem happened exactly a week after I got my Torch.  I took it in, took them 4 hours of my life and supposedly factory wiped my phone and restored all my info... everything worked dandy, until today (a week later) and the BIS is gone once again.

It is very obvious to see when the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) goes out because the blackberry logo next to the 3G logo disappears.  I don't even know what the purpose of the 3G logo is because it worthless and useless without BIS.  I can still make calls and receive text because that goes through voice, but no emails, no internet, nothing.

After 10 years of BlackBerry, this is the most serious problem I've ever seen and I can't believe after taking my phone in twice, and with all these people posting online, the problem isn't resolved.  I love this phone, but I must say I'm extremely disappointed that it has these problems.

I hope they have a fix for this soon.

P.S. Battery pulls, Turn on and off All Connections/Mobile Network, soft resets, left alt/right cap/del, BIS push service book... I've just about tried it all.  Nothing fixes it.  I'm in Los Angeles with great 3G reception and full bars... so, I don't get it.

P.P.S. Also, AT&T attributed the problem initially to bad SIM or old SIM that wasn't replaced because the SIM is very sensitive and needs perfect connection and something or another... I got the SIM replaced... problem still persists.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

confidant wrote:

I have the exact same problem... I've posted this message on AT&T forums as well.

My problem happened exactly a week after I got my Torch.  I took it in, took them 4 hours of my life and supposedly factory wiped my phone and restored all my info... everything worked dandy, until today (a week later) and the BIS is gone once again.

It is very obvious to see when the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) goes out because the blackberry logo next to the 3G logo disappears.  I don't even know what the purpose of the 3G logo is because it worthless and useless without BIS.  I can still make calls and receive text because that goes through voice, but no emails, no internet, nothing.

After 10 years of BlackBerry, this is the most serious problem I've ever seen and I can't believe after taking my phone in twice, and with all these people posting online, the problem isn't resolved.  I love this phone, but I must say I'm extremely disappointed that it has these problems.

I hope they have a fix for this soon.

P.S. Battery pulls, Turn on and off All Connections/Mobile Network, soft resets, left alt/right cap/del, BIS push service book... I've just about tried it all.  Nothing fixes it.  I'm in Los Angeles with great 3G reception and full bars... so, I don't get it.

P.P.S. Also, AT&T attributed the problem initially to bad SIM or old SIM that wasn't replaced because the SIM is very sensitive and needs perfect connection and something or another... I got the SIM replaced... problem still persists.

Original thread starter has a phone on a differnet carrier and it has nothing to do with your issue.

In the future please make a new thread even if it is close to your issue, so we can address it with out getting the hopes on of the original poster. (or look up thread hijacking on google)

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

My Device: tourch 9800
My Carrier: att

Same thing for me.

I bought my torch agost 13th. I was able to use the BBM and internet when i first bought it. But as soon as I shut the phone off or have to reset it if i download a new app, the moment it restarts or turns on I lose the internet connection and does not register with the Blackberry Network.

I can only make calls and text messeges.

I called ATT and they have had me replace the Torch 4 times!!! New SIM chip twice! They sent me to there special division Tier 1 technical support and they can not figure out the problem.

The only way to get it to work if i reset or run out of battery is to do a MASTER RESET, and reload all my contacts and apps, etc. VERY ANOYING!!!!

The strangest thing is that i was in Mexico City from the 19th until the 20th og Agost and I had no problems in Mexico Roaming on the TELCEL network and MOVISTAR network.

So its an ATT issue.

I hope the fix this soon Ive been at least 12 houra on the phone with them, and hate to master wipe my torch everytime i lose Internet conecction. No BBM, Email< nothing without a master Wipe!

Terrible its been 3 weeks and 4 Torches and nothing to resolve the issue....

My Device: tourch 9800
My Carrier: att

Correction i was in Mexico City from the 19th Augost until the 30th Augost and it worked great on TELCEL and MOVISTAR network roaming.... go figure?

Totally ATT network issue and no resolution!

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I had that problem and they installed a new sim card   works fine now

Guru III
My Device:

Did anyone read the thread on OP's original issue?