Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 VZW Personal Use BIS OS 5.0.0.732
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Unable to download BB App World

Unable to download BB App World using: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp 1) Attempted to d/l to PC with BB connected via USB cable. Got error message that IE8 Tab had to close due to web page problem. My Computer confirmed that the BB was connected and recognized. 2) Sent d/l link to BB. Seemed to work. Click on Download, get error msg: Sorry, your session has expired. Please close all of your browser windows and then return to the welcome page. Surely my BB supports App World. I have not checked with VZW re: service plan that includes access to BB Browser. However, the OEM browser supplied with the device is a RIM item and I do have Internet access. I do have a data plan with VZW. I’m in North America and the device has a trackball.
Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Unable to download BB App World

Yes, your device and BlackBerry Data plan meet all of the requirements.

Try this -- Open your browser > Menu > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification = BlackBerry.

Save the settings.

Now a simple reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Once up and running again, try downloading from the LINK you were emailed.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 VZW Personal Use BIS OS 5.0.0.732

J, thank you.

Browser ID was set to BB - did not change anything there.

Removed and reinstalled battery per your instructions. BB App World d/l with success.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hello,

With regards to the subject, I too have a problem download BlackBerry App World onto my device... I have a BlackBerry Bold 9000 running on OS 4.6... It has met all the system requirements and yet, it still gives me the message saying "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World."

I have tried the steps you have suggested but it is still a failure... Please do provide me with a solution to this...

Awaiting for your reply Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

salehmk wrote:

Hello,

With regards to the subject, I too have a problem download BlackBerry App World onto my device... I have a BlackBerry Bold 9000 running on OS 4.6... It has met all the system requirements and yet, it still gives me the message saying "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World."

I have tried the steps you have suggested but it is still a failure... Please do provide me with a solution to this...

Awaiting for your reply Smiley Happy

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements:

Further, please check that AppWorld is available in your country:

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Ok this how  it worked for me  connect your phone to WIFI and on your phone screen you should have  your network (vodafone ect)  name plus your router name showing up  at same time  now go app world  enter your email and pass  now you should get  T &C  pop up  just click except   and your in:

My Device: blackberry 8530 cdma
My Carrier: reliance

Re: Unable to download apps from bb app world reliance cdma

facing issues downloading any app from world.

error states , application name cannot be downloaded from BB app world

Tried contacing reliance support , but all in vein , please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

shahpratikd wrote:

facing issues downloading any app from world.

error states , application name cannot be downloaded from BB app world

Tried contacing reliance support , but all in vein , please help

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB25521 "<Application name> is not available for download on BlackBerry App World" appears when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: 07774611180

Hello, I am new to Blacberry, I am having problems downloading App World. I keep getting an error message about a mile long. My phone is opperating 7.1 and is a curve 9320.

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

@dunkydunk That error message would really help. Please post it, word for word.

For now, answer, do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your line? Regular mobile data isn't the same thing. If you do, then we really need that error message.
- Ira