Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Unable to download from Appworld on Playbook

Hi everyone. Just got my PB and am trying to download from appworld but am having problems. I can browse the web, youtube etc. overwifi, I can even open Appworld and browse apps but when I try to download it says "There was a problem during installation. Please try again." When I click Refresh List to show my installed apps, it says "Blackberry Appworld is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Like I said, eveything else indicates my connection is fine.

Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ---

Re: Unable to download from Appworld on Playbook

I have experienced that a few times as well.  It seems you just have to retry a couple of times.  I think eventually it will work.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

could be a router issue. i had that at home a few times with my cheap router but no issue with getting 10 apps at once while at the office

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer

Ahh that sounds like it could be it.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having an issue downloading apps that I want to buy. It asked me to once to log in my Blackberry ID then, afterwards would not download. I can still download Free Apps, but now I can't download Apps I want to buy.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Developer

This is a major issue. I'm not just going to go buy a new router and hope it fixes the problem. My router is less than a year old. I'm dieing to download some apps but there's nothing I can do.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

I had this problem earlier and it is now fixed. You have to login to Blackberry ID on your PC and setup your payment options online first before you can download paid apps.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes you need to set up payment before you buy an app.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer

Ahh thanksSmiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

I have the same problem but only with one paid app, GTD Assistant. At first, it would hang up at 1, 3 or 5 MB (out of 15 MB). Now, it fully downloads but gives an error message at installation. Have tried repeatedly over the past week without any luck. If I can't get it today, will ask for refund.

Hope they sort this out so that the developer community continues provided paid apps for the PB!