Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry 8220
My Carrier: Movistar Argentina
Accepted Solution

Unable to execute BlackBerry Protect...please help...

Hi there,

I'm trying to use BlackBerry Protect. I'm able to download and install the application on my BB 8220, but when I try to use it I receive a message telling me that the application is not compatible with BB Enterprise Server. I'm NOT using BB Enterprise Server. I tried to uninstall / reinstall the application several times, but I always receive exactly the same message. Anybody can help with this issue? Thanks in advance... Eduardo

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Unable to execute BlackBerry Protect...please help...

where did you buy the device? I suspect the previous owner used the device enslaved to an Enterprise Server.

Can you confirm that with him/her?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: BlackBerry 8220
My Carrier: Movistar Argentina

Hello, Finally I have changed my device for one BB 8520 and BB Protect seems to be working well now. The only issue that I currently have is that my new device location could not be identied by BB Protect. The rest of the functions work well. Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

thank you very much for your feedback.
but can you try again with the "locate" function?

Of course, the 8520 does not have a GPS antenna, but BlackBerry Protect should use GSM triangulation and you should be able to have an approximate location.

Besides, I would also like your feedback switching from the Pearl Flip to the Curve 8520. What do you think of it?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: SETAR N.V.

Hi, I'm helping a colleage with his BB and he's getting the same msg and he is NOT on BES and he got the bb directly from our service provider here in aruba. He has a bold 9000. He wants 2 install it 2 save everything so he can pass all info on his new torch. He tried connecting the bold 2 a pc 4 backup but it nvr connects which is why I suggested bb protect. Pls help!
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Did you ever get a reply or figure thisout?
Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: SETAR N.V.

No! Nvr got any help with it. Can u help?
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I'm trying to figure it out as well. If I hear something, I'll let you know. I posted a new thread about it.