Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry torch
My Carrier: optus

Unable to find requested server

Hi I have tried doing everthing that has been posted. but i cannot connect to the internet using the wifi . I am connected to the wifi but i cannot access the internet through the browser or you tube. I have a data plan and a backberry data inclucded in my plan . I spoke to my service provider and had someone in india direct me to turn the wifi off as the soulution !!! very helpful .. I live in an area with low service and require the wifi for fast browsing . If any one could help it would be great

Thanks Nic

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to find requested server

Hello,

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bit.ly/aSediX

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Once completed test it and proceed with selective restore here is how to restore http://bit.ly/bSbfl3

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I had this issue on my Torch 9860...I had had the phone for a couple of months and everything was fine.  The wifi worked great.  all of a sudden i was getting the dreaded error message and couldn't connect. Everything was fine on the bell network (i am in canada, QC).  The problem was very sporadic, sometimes worked sometimes didn't and it could be a matter of seconds between working and not working.  I researched online and found a number of people with the problem, and tried a few things...(battery re-boot, reset HRT) to no avail. I called my SP (bell) and they shifted me to RIM which was a great experience. The tech was very systematic and also very courteous, he even offered a follow up call in a couple days!  In the end the solution appears to be to delete and reinstall the wi-fi connection. This worked for me, although having said that, i just got off thephone a few minutes ago with him so it will have to pass a time test to see if the solution holds. But right now i am back to normal....If you haven't tried this check it out. Best of luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: digi

Hi All

I am having this problem at the moment on my Torch 9800  as well.

I have reinstalled OS 6 twice today in the hope that it might fix the problem. When I had the phone connected to BB Desktop I checked the applications and these were listed as 'required' Blackberry 6.0.0 System Software  39.6MB: Blackberry Core Applications  93.7MB; Browser 2.7 MB.  This was after reinstalling the OS.  Where do I get these pls?

I have spoken to 8 people at my mobile service provider...they keep telling me I am registered etc for all services. It seems that the browser is the only thing not working - I also have a wifi connection from my house but it doesn't seem to be linking up with that either.  It is very strange as this happen about a month ago and fixed it self...so any sugestions?

Cheers

New Contributor

Ths is an update to yesterdays post:  As i mentioned the delete and re-install the wifi network appeared to solve the problem but this morning i got the error message again, a couple of times. Then a few minutes later it worked fine. Now this evening i had it again, literally only a few minutes ago and now it seems ok. The tech told me yesterday that it might be that the phone drops the wifi, but i'm not sure why that would be, it worked ok only a few days ago. Also, even though it is working what i would call "OK"...there is a lag that i hadn't noticed before. The progress bar hesitates for a couple of seconds and then loads up the page. Similarly, when it's not going to work i can tell because the browser bar doesn't get updated. That is to say that, let's say for example i am on google and I tap a bookmard to go to another page, when the process fails, the browser bar stays on Google and never updates to the url of the requested page then after a few seconds (sometimes as much as 15-20) it gives the message about not being able to fnd the server.

I just now ran some tests trying to open some pages and sometiems they are extremely slow to load and i also got a couple of communication error messages. Might have to call them back and see what`s going on...

Anyway, i just wanted to let you know that the Wifi re-installation may not be a perfect fix, but it`s worth a shot.

Good Luck!

New Contributor

Sounds like I need to try the Wifi re-installation. Thanks

New Contributor

No Problem...i hope it helps. I'm gonna keep checking on it but if it continues i will probably call back BB support and see if they can offer any other advice. I'll be sure and post anything new!

New Contributor

Well I didn't get around to reinstalling the wifi but now for no reason...I have a working browser again!  The gremlins seem to be at work! Cheers.

New Contributor

Another update, and possible solution:

After the wi-fi reinstallation didn't work i called back support and even though it took a very long time, it seems we may have solved it. There were a number of troubleshooting steps that were attempted, many of which i don't remember, but they didn't work anyway, including to re-install the OS from scratch. Of course to do this we need a back up with the BB desktop software. Re-installing the OS was not obvious for a rookie like me so i am glad that they helped me out, even though this also turned out to be not terribly helpful for this problem. In the end the solution to the "unable to find requested server:" issue appeared to be to re-set the router...I didn't believe it at first since all the other devices in the house work fine on the wi-fi (PC desktop, ipad, iphone). The tech told me that the communication from the device to the router passes to the BB servers before going to the internet and so sometimes can beocme
"altered"....i'm sure i am not explaining it properly but that's the jist of it. I powered down my router, and then started it again and everything was fine. In contrast to the previous fix (see higher in the thread) this has worked for more than 48h and the speed of the wi-fi connection has returned to its lightning fast speeds. I have consequently re-discovered the joy of my phone! I was a little discouraged about the problem but it now seems resolved.  We'll see how long it lasts!

Anyway, i  hope this will be helpful for some people and will save you some time.

GO BB!