03-25-2013 05:38 PM
Im unable to install OS 7.1 onto my 9810 phone. I have tried using Blackberry desktop also downloading file from internet also wireless and keep getting the same message that there are no updates for my phone. The phone currently has 7.0.0474
03-25-2013 05:42 PM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any and all BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured (if you are not sure, delete these anyway), then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
03-26-2013 04:51 AM
Thanks for your reply. Tried what you said and still get the same message that there are no updates. I was not able to find any vendor XML files however the laptop i installed the desktop program on had never had this before.
03-26-2013 09:32 AM
03-26-2013 04:54 PM
03-26-2013 04:59 PM
The AT&T did not insatll to my BB I had the same message that there is no update. The laptop I used I had not previously linked the BB to it before. I downloaded the desktop software then downloaded the OS upgrade howevre I did it in telstra first then tried the AT&T upgrade.
I did look into the folders you suggested for the vendor file but could not find anything also did a search of the RIM folder with still no luck.
03-26-2013 05:05 PM
03-26-2013 06:28 PM