Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to install appworld

OK...so you are attempting to Register the HRT. Within that KB, there are 3 steps...on which step are you stuck?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Cellc

The first one
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Whew! OK...so now I know where you are...to verify, here's what I think you are attempting:

• 1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options, or click Settings >Options.

But, when you click "Options", you get your homescreen preferences rather than the items in step 2 of that KB?

So, to click "Options", exactly what are you doing on your BB? Please be very very explicit now (e.g., describe the icon image)...if clicking the correct thing, what you see should not be happening.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I go to the home screen where I see my icons and wallpaper ect then I click the options icon (a tool) then it shows me things such as network options,sound and display options and accesability options and devince options ect then when I click menu the options I get are switch application,Paste and Close. And I'm stuck
Hall of Famer III

LeahLove wrote:
I go to the home screen where I see my icons and wallpaper ect then I click the options icon (a tool) then it shows me things such as network options,sound and display options and accesability options and devince options ect then when I click menu the options I get are switch application,Paste and Close. And I'm stuck

If, by that, you mean the Logo_Blue.gif key, then you have skipped step 2 in that KB...pressing the Logo_Blue.gif is step 3...you must first do step 2 in order for step 3 to work correctly.

Contributor

Ok so I have complete the first step you send me and got the regirstration message. ON to the next one
Contributor

It didn't work Smiley Sad
Hall of Famer III

Again, from that, I can deduce nothing helpful...again, details please...

Contributor

I did all the steps successfully. And got the same error message.
Hall of Famer III

Hmmm...OK, then I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, try the download link again and see if it will work.

Good luck and let us know!