Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Maxis Hotlink

Unable to launch gallery and BBM

Hi,

I'll try to make this quick but clear enough.

I used to use a Torch 9800, till a few days ago received the 9810. Being overexcited, I backed up the data from my old 9800 to be restored to 9810. After restoring, I kept getting an App Error 603, but this was rectified by updating the Desktop Manager Software and also updated the OS to BB7.

My problem now is, I can't launch the media gallery (picture, video, music) at all, and also BBM. I've tried deleting BBM and re-installing but to no avail. Please please please can anybody help rectify this matter? 

I've tried the resetting to Factory Setting but the problem still persists. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to launch gallery and BBM

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please provide additional details...as in, what exactly happens when you try to launch those?

You also may want to try to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior continues, then you may need to reload your OS again.

Also, any chance that this BB is or ever was associated to BES? If so, an IT Policy could be preventing those apps from functioning:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................