Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Unable to login to my Blackberry ID account

Hi, I updated to newest version 7.something. Then I deleted everything off the phone (make sure you back up your data). Then with the sim card out of the phone I logged in to blackberry app world and it worked. Then inserted my sim card, restored all my data and has been working ever since. Hope this helps
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

This also happened to me.

Did the factory reset and I could get in...  but then my corporate BES policies kicked in and I was locked out again.  Trouble ticket with our help desk got me to our BES guru who was stumped.

Then i got an unsolicited note that I could upgrade to BB OS7 bundle 1739, so it did it, and voila! I'm back in to my app world acct.

Then my BB bricked on me, got a waranty replacement which was on the old bundle. I was locked out again. Upgraded to bundle 1739 and I was back in...

That's all I know!  (and it is therefor important to know more than just version 7. somthing...)

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: BT

lauraaajane wrote:
Hi, I updated to newest version 7.something. Then I deleted everything off the phone (make sure you back up your data). Then with the sim card out of the phone I logged in to blackberry app world and it worked. Then inserted my sim card, restored all my data and has been working ever since. Hope this helps

Hi lauraajane,

Did you delete the content using the function "security cleanup" from the Security menu ? I don't find any other path to reset to factory and this option is not available in the BB Desktop Software. Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: mobily

is it mean that one thing it can helps (format my device)wipe the handled?!!
plz reply me Smiley Happy
New Developer
My Device: Priv, 9810, PlayBook, 9000, 8820
My Carrier: AT&T

Is this still a known unresolved problem?

I'm now having the exact same problem with my new BlackBerry 9810.  Very frustrating, as I can't upgrade or reinstall any apps (including those I've already bought) over what the phone came with...

Contributor

FWIW. I wasn't working under the original bundle 7.0, then upgraded to new 7.0 bundle (covered above in preceding post) and was golden.
Then I tempted fate when Verizon dropped 7.1  and I accepted it... and now I don't have access again! 

Contributor

OK - I just disabled cellular wireless and went over wifi, I connected immediately with my BB App World profile!
My Carrier: Fido

I did the same thing. However, my phone required me to reconnect to my cellular wireless and then it magically worked! (This is after about 7 failed attempts at signing in with my cellular wireless connected by itself, then with my wifi connected).

I just went through @&^%$ to get my phone back up and running. Thanks for this tip! 

New Contributor
My Carrier: mobily

I've got the same problem with my torch 9810 !
The ONLY ONE solution is *Wipe The Handled* (Security Wipe) I mean formatting it.
And now it work very well.
I hope that I gave you a good solution to fix it ♥ ;*
Contributor

When I first got the Torch 9850 and I had this problem, I walked through a factory reset with RIM helpdesk. It worked again briefly but only until my corporate policies were instantiated by our BES server. The BES admin says nothing should be blocking it.  Then when BB/VZW posted the new OS 7.0 build, the problem disappeared. Now it is back in 7.1 and nothing changed on our BES... so I can only blame VZW/BB using some bad protocalling ...