Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account

Saint718 wrote:

Hello everyone I had the same problem and wanted to address this problem to everyone. Open up your menu and go to options, from there go to third party applications. once there you should see something that says blackberry ID open that and begin updating your info, this part of the application is what restricts everyone from accessing their app world and so forth, I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:  Its part of the new security for bb thats why you have to verify through bb identity.

This process has been identified as a good resolution for many. Glad you got it working.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

It seems that I'm having a similar problem to everyone else here. Suddenly I can no longer log into my BB ID on my 9900 however I can log into it on my playbook. From reading this thread, some people have suggested wiping the phone - how would I do that? And also what does it remove? Does it restore the phone to factory settings? 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

before you want to wipe the phone clean of anything, It goes without saying that you backup the necessary stuff you make sure you have (numbers, apps, notes) backup up through the bb desktop software and from there you will need to do the following go to Options then Security Options then General Settings from there Click the trackwheel/trackball on the Password field > Select “Wipe Handheld“. As with the above method you be prompted to enter “blackberry” (no quotes) in order confirm the system wipe. However, this method is a hit or miss with users, those whom don't own the pb seem to not have any issues afterward. Though those that own the pb have notice the restore to be temporary, my only assumption is that it might be with bb identity being updated when you had it paired between the two, if possible back up and restore you pb as well. but then again as mentioned before this is a hit or miss. Solutions which I had discovered through trial and error. I don't want to mislead into erasing everything you've own but just to give you a little push in the answer you might be looking for. so to sum it up, it removes all installed apps that you had installed on your phone and yes it does restore the factory settings (meaning how it was staight out the box) I hope this helps

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]
Hello, I am having the same problem and I have tried every tip found on this thread but to no avail. I have been a bold user for 2 years but just got a secondhand torch 9810 for Christmas after my old Bold is refusing to boot up. My new Torch simply will not recognise my Blackberry user ID which is the only one i have and is the one i have been using for 2 years. I keep entering it and get an error message that says 'the username and password provided do not correspond to a valid BlackBerry ID.' This is 100% my correct ID and 100% my correct password. Here is everything I have done: 1) I have performed a security swipe. This changed nothing. 2) I successfully logged in with my Blackberry ID via my iPad and changed my password there. I tried the new password on my phone, it did not work.3) I went to third party application under options and looked for Blackberry ID there but was met with *No Options*. Nothing new popped up when I selected the home button from there. 4) I removed my SIM and rebooted the phone without it, trying to sign in as suggested but got an error message saying I needed a valid SIM to log in. 5) I do not have a PC, only an iPad so I have nothing to back up and no software to upload. I merely want to connect using my Blackberry ID as everything I need is either on my SIM itself or will download once my ID is associated with my new phone. ***** Can you please tell me what to do?
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Batelco

Hi,

I had the same problem of "unable to login" with correct password. Did a security wipe and restored the data from BB desktop software. All works fine but I have a quick question: does this problem arise very often, even after performing the security wipe once and restoring data? or is it just a one time issue..

Thanks

Mihir

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: rim

What worked for me is very simple, just create like 500mb space on your external memory card by deleting heavy stuffs. that's all. Easy!
Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mcaubreydare wrote:
What worked for me is very simple, just create like 500mb space on your external memory card by deleting heavy stuffs. that's all. Easy!

That has nothing to do with your BlackBerryID.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Its funny, but it worked, let anyone with †ђξ same problem try it & give us c∕̴Ɩ feedback
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: STC

i got the same problem here, can't login to blackberry ID and i updated to OS 7.1 unfortunately can't still login. Smiley Sad