Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BB Curve 9380
My Carrier: Airtel

Unable to move conatcts from Samsung to BB Curve 9380

HI All,

I need to move my contacts from SAMSUNG STAR TO BB Curve 9380.

I have creatted a CSV file with all the contacts from SAmsung.

But the BB Desktop Software version 7.0 does not have any option to move them to BB.

Is there a way of uploading contact through csv file.

Also let me know incase there is some other way ???

Shawshank

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to move conatcts from Samsung to BB Curve 9380

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Hmmm...well, I haven't actually tried that method in DTM 7 yet, but I do hope it's not removed. Just in case, here's the instructions for up through 6.0 (I guess RIM hasn't revised the KB yet):

• KB11194 How to import contacts from an already created CSV file to the BlackBerry smartphone

In all honesty, the "best" method (IMHO) would be to choose a compatible PIM:

• KB12268Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows for synchronization

And then use the Desktop Software to synchronize between your BB and the PIM:

• KB03315 How to synchronize organizer data (calendar, task list, memo list, and contact list) using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

That way, you can actually manage your data from your PC, which is always much easier with it's full size KVM. The PIM also then serves as one method of backup (though you still should employ the other FREE backup methods).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................