Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 3 Indonesia
Accepted Solution

Unable to play content

[ Edited ]

I have  a Curve 8520 since May 13 2012 ago

after upgraded OS (I forget what version before upgrade it) to .1075 via downloading BB desktop manager, a massage appear after booting, "A browser content provider for audio/mid MIME type has already been registered with the browser."

then in same day, Friday Nov. 23 2012, I caught my device can't play any media file format in media (music and video), all of MP3 and Videos wich support Curve...
but, ringtone still working to play music format

i have tried to play music via media card, and its same error

first thing before post this, I thought its error in media player codec

this issue had same in another thread and website, like reboot like pull batt and ALT+RSHIFT+DEL but they doesn't work in my device...

could anyone help to solve my issue..?

please

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unable to play content

Hi DirectX_100

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I have also Search for the error message on this Forums and other and what I found is that any Third party application installed within your device may be responsilbe for this. So what other 3rd party application you have on your device apart from BlackBerry native application.You can try  Uninstalling those one by one then test untill you know which application is responsible.

I am not sure but you can try that.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 3 Indonesia

[ Edited ]

Alright...
I have uninstalled WhatsApp ASAR your reply, Problem Solved

I'm very grateful, thank you

but, what about I'm install it again, is that would take effect/make error for media again..?
my contact (friend etc) was in there, some of them doesn't use BB...

uuhm...
I think 3rd party game not take a effect for my problem....

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi DirectX_100

You are welcome ... Smiley Happy . As far as I have seen this problem appears by social networking apps and not by any games but can't say it for sure because there is not much reference regarding this error and it is you who had find out the cause by removing then adding to see if its WhatsApp or any other application or game . As Uninstalling WhatApp has resolved the problem and you are able to find out the cause  so you can try downloading the most recent version of WhatsApp from  www.blackberry.com/appworld   then test it and see if problem appears. So try it and keep us updated .

Prince