Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

Unable to re-download apps...

OK - here's one for you..

I've just rebuilt my Torch; and need to re-download some of the apps.

The apps show in the App World (in the Uninstalled list), however, when I select one, nothing happens.

Interestingly, there are no icons against these apps (but there are if I go directly into App World).

Not sure what's happened here, but I'd love to be able to get my apps back.

Any ideas anyone.  Thanks.

Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to re-download apps...

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Next, I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

Now return to AppWorld, log into MyWorld, and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor

Star.

Although,  I admit I only did the clear cache part of it.

Thanks for your help.

Fancy another, quick one?  My personal Gmail account isn't showing in the list of accounts in the Calendar.

All the other accounts are showing (hotmail, outlook) but the one I want to use as default isn't there - at least, it's not named.

I've checked in the Default Services, and under Calendar (CICAL), it isn't an option.  It does show for Contact List (SYNC) and Messaging (CMIME)

Any thoughts on this one?  Help would be much appreciated.  I've almost got my device back to how it was; just a few little bits now.

Thanks

-------
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Try doing the steps you skipped (HRT, Service Books, Reboot). See if that gets your calendar the way you desire.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor

Wonderful - All sorted

Thanks for your help.

-------
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Excellent...enjoy!