08-24-2009 03:56 PM - edited 08-24-2009 04:02 PM
If you are not able to receive email on your device form a BIS integration try some of the following:
1. Ensure you have a data connection – Send yourself a PIN message.
a. To send yourself a PIN message go into Messages hit the menu button and select Compose PIN, in the “To:” field type in your PIN (you PIN number can be found in Options – Status) now send the message. If you get the message back you have a good data connection. If not try doing a Hard Rest by pulling the battery. Then try the PIN test again. If you are still not getting data try changing locations or calling your service provider to see if there are any data outages.
a. Go to Options > Advanced Option > Host Routing Table.
b. Click the trackball.
c. Highlight Register Now.
d. Click the trackball
3. Ensure your email account is validated. To check this login to your BIS account.
a. If the email account is not validated you will see a red circle with a line through it next to your email address
b. To validate the account click on the red circle with the line through it
4. Delete the service books from the BlackBerry device and resend them from your BIS accounti. If the account will not validate ensure your password has not changed
ii. If the password changed enter the correct password
iii. If this is still not working contact your ISP or IT department to ensure there are no issues going on with the Mail server
a. To delete the email service books go to Options > Advanced Option > Service Book
b. Here you are going to look for and highlight the service books for your email address. There should be two; your email address with a [CMIME] at the end and another one with [CICAL]
c. Once this is done you can send the service books from your BIS account. See KB02830 for more details on sending service books.
5. For POP/IMAP accounts ensure that you mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird etc…) is leaving a copy of the messages on the mail server.
a. To see how to do this check out KB12283
6. Ensure there are not filters setup in your BIS account for the specific email address having the issue, to check this do the following
a. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
b. Click Filters beside the email account to be configured.
c. Click Delete beside the filter to be removed.
a. On the BlackBerry, select Options.
b. Select Security Options.
c. Select Firewall.
d. Now make sure there is NO check mark in the BIS check box, if there is one remove it and test by sending a message again.
8. Check to make sure the date and time are correct on the device; if the date is not set correctly then message may not display properly depending on how far in the future or past the date is.
If you have any additional tips let the community know about them!