Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: mobily

Unable to receive email in HTML format on BB Torch 9860 with BIS

I recently purchased BB Torch 9860 with OS 7 and configured by personal and work email on BIS. I am receiving emails only in text format. In some emails with images that have hyperlink, I just see a link and images not displayed. All the images comes as an attachment in the email. My friend having another BB Torch is able to view emails as HTML. But he is with BES. 

Is there any solution for my issue? I am not receiving any options in the email preference to enable HTML format for emails.

Appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

Regards,

Midhun

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Unable to receive email in HTML format on BB Torch 9860 with BIS

Hi Midhun,

Welcome to the Community

To help you with the issues you're having, on your Blackberry go to your mailbox, press menu, choose options, then Email Preferences and check the box for Enable HTML Email, Download Images Automatically and Confirm External Image Download. The screen may look like the screenshot below:

s120427025614.jpg

For more information please check these links:

Blackberry Tips and Tricks

Blackberry 101

Enjoy!

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I have seen this steps in several links over the internet. But unfortunately, in the email preference or message display and actions menu.

Is there any other way you know? Does it require any additional software or update installation?

Appreciate your support.

Cheers!!!

Midhun
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what mail service are you using hotmail, gmail, yahoo?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

i have configured my gmail account, one exchange account and another yahoo biz mail as POP. All have the same issue.

Are u aware of this case?
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to make it clear once more, please see the image showing the Email Preference page on my BB. Please advise as why there is no option for the HTML.

Email Preference

http://twitpic.com/9es15s 

New Contributor

Is there anyone who know the solution for this stupid issue? I am so much frustrated that i wish to break the mobile. My service provider is a stupid @#$%^& who doesnt know how to support their customer and BB Support will support me only if the service provider contact RIM which my service provider wont coz they dont know how!!!!!!!!! how stupid ha.

Is there anyone here who can help me with my issue????????????????

Please help me.

Regards,

MSY

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you on a corporate BES server?

I wonder if you have an IT policy on it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I am on BIS not BES. So there cannot be any IT  Policy that is preventing it. What you think?

New Contributor

I would like to say one thing. When i try to backup my setting via BB Desktop Manager or delete settings, i can see HTML Email Settings in the BB Desktop Manager. But that stupid thing doesnt appear on the handset. Smiley Sad