Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile, OS 5.0

Unable to receive or make calls + text on BB 8520 on T-Mobile after screen problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've had my 8520 from new, for around 2+ years.

It's on T-Mobile PAYG.

Until around 2 weeks ago it was working fine.

I'd recently topped up and added a 6 month broadband bolt-on.

It was working OK, after these were made.

One morning switched it on and the screen was white with a few black areas.

I tried replacing the screen myself, without success.

Finally sent BB off for fixing to Simtech in Cardiff.

However, they were unable to make or receive any calls or texts after replacing the screen.

I received the BB back from Simtech earlier today.

Screen's working fine and I can access the internet and download from my 8520.

However, I'm still unable to make or receive any calls or texts!

I've already tried,

i. popping the battery

ii. starting in Safe Mode

iii. checked online to see if my mobile was blocked http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Check.the.Status.of.your.Handset

iv. checked to see if Call Barring was on

None of the first 3 options worked.

Getting a time-out message when trying to check Call Barring and Call Forwarding options.

At the moment, the ONLY message I've got, is at the top of the phone, next to the battery indicator, and that reads

No Service.

Haven't tried swapping SIM card, or contacting T-Mobile yet.

Thought I'd post on here to see if someone with more experience and knowledge could see what's happening and point me in the right direction.

Cheers, for now

Carol

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to receive or make calls + text on BB 8520 on T-Mobile after screen problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

ceb83 wrote:

Haven't tried swapping SIM card, or contacting T-Mobile yet.

Given all you report, I think those are your next steps.

But...one additional question...did you know your BB PIN before you sent it off for repair? And have you verified that your PIN is the same as before you sent it off? While rather a wild guess, it's possible that the repair shop didn't repair it but replaced it instead, and perhaps they sent you a different BB that is MEP locked to a different carrier and therefore cannot work on TMO until it's unlocked. It's a little counter intuitive given that your data services are working, but you didn't say if those were via WiFi or carrier data network, so it remains a (slim) possibility.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................