Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to recieve SMS: no notification, no messages...

Hi all.  I joined because I am beyond frustrated with my blackberry pearl and am ready to throw the phone down the toilet! 

One of *many* issues I am having is that I do not recieve any text messages.  I thought at first it was a network issue but I noticed when trying to send a message to myself from another device, the new message icon pops up at the top of my screen and disappears in a few seconds, never even making a noise.  I can recieve emails fine and have had no problems with that whatsoever, I have also recieved a few MMS from my husband's phone, so it appears that this issue is soley related to text.

Any help?  Advice?  I have seperated and combined email and text to see if either setting made a difference and it didn't.  TIA!

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Unable to recieve SMS: no notification, no messages...

[ Edited ]

Do you have another applications (for example: apps to control messages) on your device installed ?

What applications have you installed on your device ?

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 12-03-2008 07:37 AM

I am having the same problem.. I think it may be a setting that I changed since I just got this phone about a week ago.  I don't know what to do to fix it.  I have had numerous people send me messages and I never recieved them... In response to the application question.. I haven't added anything extra as far as applications except facebook and my two email accounts.  HELP! Smiley Happy THANK YOU!!
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Is that possible for your device to send SMS ?

I am also having the same problem. I was getting sms without problems and now all of the sudden. My phone is doing the same thing. It also erases messages that I have just sent seconds after I send them unless I quickly save them. Before it would also erase messages as soon as I read them if I didn't save them right away. I have erased all messages from my inbox thinking maybe it was too full or something but still continue to have the same problem. It is frustrating knowing people are sending me messages that I am not getting.

i had this problem too, i called my SP & she said the upgrade would solve it - but i cant find the upgrade!

Jesus Saves

from what?

from the heaviness of Sin!

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

I think you all have memory issues. Please go to options, status and check the file free #. If it is below 12,000,000-you are having a memory issue. Another good way to tell if this is the problem is by checking to see if your call logs are deleting too. You can easily rectify the issue by removing the battery. That will free up some room. You can also remove applications that you don't need by going to options, advanced options, applications. Also, if you have a lot of media on your device (pics, vids, music, ringtones) you may want to purchase a memory card.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein

I thought the same thing about needing more memory... but I only have facebbok app installed have very few photos a 4G memory card in it and all music stored on the card with 2.67 left.  I have had facebook installed for many months and just started having this prob over the weekend.  My call log keeps erasing, i am not getting texts, and my emails have been deleting.  HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Erin, have you at least checked your file free? Options > status.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor
My Device: 8130 /v4.3.0.60

I am also experiencing this issue and would like additional advice on how to troubleshoot. So far, I've removed the battery, cleared caches, cleared memory, closed open applications, etc.

I have 11,809,445 Bytes free and I wonder where it all went. I've installed the following 3rd party applications: Google talk, Google maps, Facebook, and WeatherEye. All my multimedia (music, pics) are stored on my microSD card.
Any suggestions?