Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Fido

Unable to register email and no BBM display photos

I'm running with Blackberry messenger

First of all, when i try and backup my blackberry messenger contacts it says it will send a confirmation email to my email address, but it just stays pending forever. I never recieve the email. (not in junk or deleted) I am however able to recieve emails on my blackberry device whenever my email account does recieve an email.

Secondly everyone on my blackberry messenger list doesnt show their display pictures nor does display picture changes on the other end of my contacts.

Anyone know how I can fix this or is this an issue?

My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to register email and no BBM display photos

How many contacts do you currently have in your BlackBerry Messenger Application.

Thank you

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Bmobile

I'm having the same issue on my storm 9550 os

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

im currently having the same problem, my pictures stopped updating about a month and a half ago and it still is not working. I have tried deleting and re-adding everyone multiple times that doesn't work. I received a new device and still no luck. i uninstalled bbm and reinstalled it and i still have no contact avatars. 

someone please help, this is very annoying and it making me want to switch to a different type of phone.

i currently have a 9650 for sprint running os and bbm version 5.0.66 and i have under 80 contacts.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: TIGO

[ Edited ]

I just had the same problem I updated my bold 9000 to the 5.0 OS and puff all my contact pictures were gone, tried reinstalling the bb messenger several times, also remote backup did not work..But I managed to fix it i all I did was delete the OS with the Jcommander and then reinstalling it from scratch using the loader.exe that comes with the desktop manager (do not do it  with the desktop manager search for the loader.exe it should be on the RIM directory), and the most important, DON"T use the backup, you will have to manually add each of the contacts again for it to work again with the pictures

My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Virgin Media

I have this problem Smiley Sad