Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Q10/Z10/Z30 10.2.1.2102
My Carrier: Swisscom

Unable to register on BlackBerry Network

Hello,

I've a really strange problem on two brand new BlackBerry 9105. I've bought them on a french supplier, I've put the SIM card on it and it was able to connect to the phone provider network. I can make calls, receive SMS but I can't register to the blackberry network.

I've check the host routing table and it is empty. I've changed of SIM card, tried with another operator and same problem. I've contacted the support of the phone provider and they said that this device is not recognized by BlackBerry system... what a nice surprise. They see it in their system as an old 5380 BB and they can't do nothing.

Does anyone may had this issue and have any clue on how to solve it? Btw, we did a full reset of the device and reload a default firmware configuration through the BB desktop manager.

Last important thing, we bought 2x 9105 and both have the same issue.

Any ideas are welcome.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to register on BlackBerry Network

Hello,

A BB PIN can exist only once in the BB system. Somehow, your new device PINs are assigned, in the BB system, to older BBs. Until that is rectified, the BBs cannot be used on the BB system.

But, for your provider to tell you they "can't do nothing" (sic) is bogus. Then again...it might depend.

If you bought your BBs from the same place that told you this, then they are 100% responsible to do something. Only they can escalate cases into RIM for formal assistance. Alternatively, they should swap the devices out for you since they sold you devices that cannot work.

On the other hand, if you bought your devices from other than your mobile service provider, then they indeed may be correct (or, at least, unwilling). Your recourse is then with your place of purchase...they seem to have sold you potentially illegally cloned devices, but your recourse is with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10/Z10/Z30 10.2.1.2102
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Unable to register on BlackBerry Network

Hi and many thanks for your reply.

I've bought it from a different reseller as the product was EOL from almost all the phones providers.

The device has been probably cloned as you mentioned. I've sent back the phone and I'm waiting now on them to get refund or a new one "working" / not cloned.

Thanks for your comment.

David