Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unable to reply to emails after restoring profile

Hi BB Community,

I'm having problems with sending replies to emails on my Blackberry 8310. I can receive emails and send new emails, but I'm unable to reply to emails sent to me (there's no option). The only option I have is to draft a new email and send.

I've tried having service books resent, hard reset (handheld wipe) and at first it seemed to not have resolved the issue. After trying another hard reset and enterprise activation the second time without restoring my profile and third party apps, I had the option to reply to emails. However, doing the restore after the activation, doesn't restore my apps correctly and it causes the reply issue to reoccur.

My question is, how should I procede from here on? Should I just suck it up and re-download all my apps again instead of restoring, or is it possible (which I think is highly likely) that one of my apps is causing this issue, or could it even be something to do with how I've setup my Blackberry desktop?

Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Unable to reply to emails after restoring profile

I think your correct, one of your app is causing the issue.  Once you restore, you have the problem again.  I would re-download the apps not restore them from the BES.  I think that's where your problem is coming from.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.