Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Unable to send SMS on blackberry 9930

Hi guyz, I am new to this forum but I really hope y'all can help solve my problem.
My blackberry 9930 have been frustrating since I got it about 6mths ago. It's from one problem to another. RIM really needs to do something about this. To say it's frustrating is an understatement.
My latest problem is that I am unable to send SMS. I keep getting a red cross and Call barred reply. I am able to receive SMS as well as make and receive phone calls. I pulled my sim out of my blackberry and put it in another phone to be sure that it wasn't my carrier (MTN) that had a problem. I was able to send the SMS with another phone.
I really need a fix as it seems I can't find anyone with similar issue and a SOLUTION
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Unable to send SMS on blackberry 9930

Check the service center no. in your phone. Go to Messages > click Menu > Options > Text Messaging > Service Center No. XXXXXXX. Get your carrier service center no. from your mobile service provider.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone Romania

Re: Unable to send SMS on blackberry 9930

9930 don't have Service Center form.
What can we do ? Its very frustrating this error. On my phone appear monthly....