Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Unable to send SMS's - Unidentified Subscriber error message

Hi, Looking for help!! I have a Blackberry Curve 9320 on a Corporate SIM. This is new and I had my old mobile number ported to it on Friday.

Everything is working perfectly (phone calls; emails) accept for text messaging.

I am able to receive text messages but cannot send them to any number and receive an error message of 'unidentified subscriber'.

I know there are several other similar postings and I have tried everything they have suggested but to no avail. I have also spoke to 02 enterprise services but they cannot suggest anything else to me.

I have checked the service centre number, which is as quoted on other threads. I have done a battery pull. I am now out of ideas!

Help please :

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Unable to send SMS's - Unidentified Subscriber error message

Hello gilster and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

SMS is a carrier controlled feature and you will need to contact your mobile network provider to investigate this matter further. 

You did mention you are using a corporate SIM card. Did you contact your local IT Admin to ensure they allow sending of text messages? They may have removed this feature.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: Unable to send SMS's - Unidentified Subscriber error message

I have a similar problem as regards the subject please assist