Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Unable to send or receive emails since 10/23

Lost all email connectivity to my primary email account on Roadrunner (socal.rr.com).  Attempted to validate my account from the smartphone and also on the Blackberry website.  Email validation fails - no additional detail provided.  Have made several unsuccessful attempts to validate the account and have verified I am providing correct email account information.  Also have rebooted the device several times.  Not sure what else I can do.  Need to get this fixed.

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Unable to send or receive emails since 10/23

You could try deleting the email, deleting the service books for that email, then setting it up again.

Another idea, if you are using a password to log in and the service has optional two factor security, switch to that and the again.  Alternately,  if you are using the two factor method, turn it off and test.

- Ira
New Contributor

Ira,

Thanks for the response.  I am going to try deleting the email account and then see if I can re-establish it.  Hoping that resolves the issue.

New Contributor

Problem resolved.  Had to delete and then re-establish my email account.

Elite I

I'm happy it's fixed!

- Ira
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: 441751433379

Blackberry cut off my emails after I changed my google account password. I was asked to 'validate' by entering my Blackberry ID and password. I did this a few times, each time being told I had made an error. I clicked on 'forgot password' and correctly answered the security questions. I reset my password according to the instructions that Blackberry sent to my email address. I returned to validate my Blackberry account putting in my Blackberry user ID only to be told that it was an incorrect email address. So I put in my email address and my reset password and, at last, did not get an error message but was sent to a screen asking me to enter a new email address and a password. I can't do this. After my account has been validated why on earth do I need to enter an alternative address and password? What's my next step. I have already spent 3 hours on this.

Elite I

Grahamlyons wrote:

Blackberry cut off my emails after I changed my google account password. I was asked to 'validate' by entering my Blackberry ID and password. I did this a few times, each time being told I had made an error. I clicked on 'forgot password' and correctly answered the security questions. I reset my password according to the instructions that Blackberry sent to my email address. I returned to validate my Blackberry account putting in my Blackberry user ID only to be told that it was an incorrect email address. So I put in my email address and my reset password and, at last, did not get an error message but was sent to a screen asking me to enter a new email address and a password. I can't do this. After my account has been validated why on earth do I need to enter an alternative address and password? What's my next step. I have already spent 3 hours on this.

I don't follow.  If you had changed your Google password and then consequently was prompted to validate your Google email on the BlackBerry handset, you needed to enter your new Google password.  I don't know, from my experience, where BlackBerry ID comes into it.

- Ira
New Contributor

Nor do I! I was prompted to enter my Blackberry ID and password - so I did! Neither my Blackberry nor new Google password worked so I clicked 'forgot password', answered the questions and reset the password. Returning to the original Blackberry prompt I entered the reset password and was directed to a screen asking for an alternative email address. Why?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

To mnevier or ira:

I'd like to try deleting and re-establishing my Blackberry email account and service books (?). I'd be very grateful if you would go through the steps needed to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Elite I

To delete an email account from the device on BBOS, open the email setup app and delete it from there. On BB10, open settings, then accounts, then select the email account, then tap the delete icon.
- Ira