Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: MetroPCS

Unable to set alarms

In going to my clock and clicking the menu button on my phone then 'set alarm' I get no activity to set my alarms and currently stuck with it being on a 6:05 alarm that i cannot turn off. Is there any help or another way to access the alarm settings?  This is a new phone, so any assistance would be helpful.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Unable to set alarms

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: 8530
My Carrier: MetroPCS

Ok tried this and still nothing.  Maybe a faulty phone?  Unable to set or turn off/on any alarm via the clock...

My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I also seem to be having this issue. I've had my Curve(8520) for a year now and never had a problem until recently. I tried to set my alarm and it wouldn't respond. It seems that when I try to set anything the program freezes. I can close the program by holding the menu key and returning to the home screen but then I can't get back into the application until a message pops up saying that the app isn't responding and has been shut down.

I've tried pulling the battery, I did an update as I rarely ever do and nothing has worked.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Ya I am also having that same problem of not being able to set the alarm on the clock and it jst restarts, I have tried to pull out the battry several times and it still doesn't work I even tried to update my phone bt it is still the same plz help(next year maybe iphone) blackberry has too many problems
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Ya I am also having that same problem of not being able to set the alarm on the clock and it jst restarts, I have tried to pull out the battry several times and it still doesn't work I even tried to update my phone bt it is still the same plz help(next year maybe iphone) blackberry has too many problems plz help me