Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Unable to set up BIS account and company emails

[ Edited ]

I think everything will be solved if vodafone figures out how to enter into my BIS account on their site, I call them tomorrow once again, but they are not too sophisticated on bb...

Contributor

Please check cause 9

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB10453&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Probably my company email server blocks the attempt, because it takes a long time as it described above...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

budapest111 wrote:

I had success with the validation report, but I am still not able to set up emaill acount via bb.

That's why I am confused...the validation activity typically is directly related to email. So, if you validated your email configuration, it should function. But, you also say you can't set up email...so I'm confused.

All in all, I think you may be best off continuing to work with your mobile service provider and your email admins...only they can look "behind the scenes" to see what truly could be causal. All we can do here is provide you information and try to point you in the right direction based on what you tell us...but all is truly only guesswork on our part since we can see nothing official.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi,

Can you explain me this topic?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47352/I_cannot_create_a_username_pswd_de...

Does it mean that I am not allowed to make an account on my carrier website? It does not make any sense...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

When RIM released BB ID, they more tightly integrated many services into the BB ID, with BIS being one of them. So, if by "account" on your carrier website, you mean a BIS account (there can, after all, be other types of accounts on a carrier website), then yes this is correct. You must use your BB to create the BB ID for your BB, and then your BIS services can be configured on your BB, and will be linked to your BB ID. That way, for instance, if you switch to a new device, all you need to do on that new device is log into that existing BB ID account...and then all services, including BIS, will automatically migrate to the new BB.

All of that said, there perhaps is nothing stopping a particular carrier from allowing you BIS access from a PC/browser even with the existence of a BB ID...but the BIS system is carrier controlled, while the BB ID system is RIM controlled. They are supposed to work together, but there's probably nothing stopping a carrier from "going rogue".

All in all, with the confusion you have, I continue to recommend that you work with your mobile service provider to resolve all of this. You pay them for all of your services, and part of that is your service-related formal support, which they are required to provide to you. Further, only they have access to "behind the scenes" systems to check and ensure that all things are properly configured for you...no one here has access to such systems.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi,

I contacted everyone, my email server is tested and works fine. I have other company email on a seperate server, I can add that email on my bb with no problem. And as I told you email works fine in my outlook.

So, I  asked my friend to set up one of my company IMAP email on his phone. Worked out, outgoing mailserver uses SSL port 587, incoming 993. But BIS should support this function...

But, as far as I know I am not able to change port setting on my bb. Probably if I can somehow change the port settings on my bb, I can enter the server.

Do you know any settings to help this port issue?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III

There is a way to skip the auto-configuration and provide some settings manually, but I do not recall if all settings can be controlled or not. See these KBs/links:

• KB10154 How to integrate a POP or IMAP email account through advanced integration
  • KB15045Integrating an email account using the advanced integration method
  • www.blackberry/com/integrate

As those indicate, your mobile service provider should be able to validate if this specific account/server is compatible with BIS or not.

Good luck!

Contributor

sdgardne,

Is there any possibility that someone from RIMM contacts me and checks teh connection between BIS Vodafone and my company server.

Myserver works fine with iphone, creating the account...

I used email validation on bb website, it was succesful as I told you before, but id not send out the test email, so basically it failed. When I used the email tracer in  CPANEL today, checking my email setting on the server I got this one for validation test email:

Event:

rejected 

User:

-remote-

Domain:

Sender:

eavt-tool@rim.com

Sent Time:

2012.12.04. 18:10:18

Sender Host:

mhs050cnc.rim.net

Sender IP:

Authentication:

unauthorized

Spam Score:

Recipient:

test@mycompany.hu

Delivery User:

testmycompany

Delivery Domain:

mycompany.hu

Delivered To:

Router:

reject

Transport:

**rejected**

Out Time:

2012.12.04. 18:10:18

ID:

1Tfw17-000Bbo-ri

Delivery Host:

mhs050cnc.rim.net

Delivery IP:

Size:

0 bytes

Result:

Sender verify failed

Strange the whole isse...

If I cannot solve this problem, I change the server that I dont want to do due to SEO reasons or get an iphone, it is even worse... Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III

budapest111 wrote:

sdgardne,

Is there any possibility that someone from RIMM contacts me and checks teh connection between BIS Vodafone and my company server. 

Nope...RIM provides zero front line support. All formal support starts with the mobile service provider...you'd need to convince Vodafone to escalate to RIM if they need to. I continue to recommend that you continue to work with Vodafone...only they have access to the necessary "behind the scenes" systems so as to check things out. Further, only they can escalate up to RIM if that is needed.

Good luck!

Contributor

Hi,

Finally, it is working properly.

I am able to add my company email to my bb. It was totally strange, my company email worked with Iphone, Android and MS Outlook. I was in touch with Hungarian Vodafone who contacted RIMM back in Canada and they were able to set up my company email to a BB in Canada (I made test email address). It came out that my hosting server cannot communicate with the BB server in England somewhere, but had no communication failure with the Canadian one. But my hosting provider did not see any problem, nobody could do anything.

Today my hosting provider had a breakdown with SMTP server, so I just tried if it works now, and works... Smiley Happy

So I do not need to change the hosting company or my phone. But if someone has similar problem, there can be another solution, change MX settings and add gmail.