Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Unable to set up email on bold 9780

I have recently reverted back to using my blackberry onto a Dataplan in order to pick emails back up on it.  Have set up BIS, but whenever I have tried to set up any of my email accounts it just keeps coming up with error - unable to connect to server, then user name and password must be incorrect, check your server.  All user names and passwords correct.  Have gone through the cold reboot - Registered the Blackberry, removed the Service Books and tried to reinstate the accounts and it keeps coming up with the same error.  Have had mail previously on this Blackberry, but haven't used it for mail for about 18 months and it has since changed to OS6 - Is this a factor?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to set up email on bold 9780

Is switching to OS 6 a factor?  No.  Do I have a solution for you?  Yes.  From your phone's browser, type www.blackberry.com/integrate to set up your email account.  This method has been very successful for many people, even when they're faced with the "incorrect password" or "can't connect to server" error messages.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Have tried that also, and get the same problem, unable to connect to server etc ....
New Contributor

I have finally managed to get one email account set up, this is one of the one's that had worked previously but is still with the same email server, the other accounts that I still cannot get to work are with a new email server? Could it be something that needs to be set up on the email server's system to allow mail to go to a Blackberry.  I could pick the emails up OK on an HTC phone through the new server, but does it have to have specific settings in order to send emails to a Blackberry?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

You have to request to leave mail on the server if you want it to get pushed to your BlackBerry properly.  Other than that, no other settings should be required.

Another thing to try would be to resend the service books to your phone.  I recommend this whenever emails are not getting through to your device.  To resend them, from your homescreen go to Messages>Options>Email Account Management>Menu Key>Service Books>Send Service Books.

Let us know if that does the trick.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.