Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unable to synchronize- Internal Error #4238

[ Edited ]

After trying all of the various solutions that I had found here and other places I still could not synch my Outlook calendar with the Torch. So I thought I would share this with you if you still have not found a solution. This should probably be your last resort, all of the other solutions would have been a breeze if they had worked.

I do have a unique setup in that I require BB redirector so I am stuck with Desktop Manager 5.0.1 with Outlook 2007 on my company PC. BB tech support will tell you that this is not possible but I have been using this setup since I received the Torch in Aug 2010.  

I started receiving the same errors as everyone else in this post, e.g.. Failed to open device database, Internal error #4238 and connector specific error. And through process of elimination it was only the calendar that was giving the error. I connected my personal laptop with DM 6.0,  Outlook 2007 installed and attempted to synch, but received the same errors. I performed a full uninstall of DM 6.0 including the registry and installed DM 5.0, the same as I have on my company laptop. But same results.

Conclusion was that it was a device database or OS on the phone that was creating the issue. Thinking back, this problem began occurring after I upgraded the operating system on the 9800.  The OS upgrade bumped me up to 6.0.0.246 but either it was a bad download or it was not compatible DM 5.0. I reverted back to OS 6.0.0.141, rebooted and wa-lah it synched with DM 5.0. I then reset all of synch settings to how I need them and did a full synch without any problems. Of course this is a complete wipe, so through the synchronize/advanced tab I restored only the items I absolutely needed from my most recent backup, e.g. email, texts, call history, etc. I was cautious here because it was getting late and did not want to corrupt my phone again.

Hope this helps someone and saves them the 4hrs I spent on this.

For ATT the device operating systems can be found at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Good Luck,

Retch

Highlighted
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Unable to synchronize- Internal Error #4238

I regret to say that I have the same error and that neither clearing the device database nor using one way sync from Outlook to the device worked.

I can see that the issue occurs when trying to first read the Outlook data, before it starts reading the device data.

I would still like a resolution.

Thanks