Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Unable to update using Desktop Manager

Blackberry Desktop software: 6.1.0.36
Windows 7
BlackBerry 9790, os 7.0.0.611

Whenever I connect my BB to my laptop, "loading applications from device" and this is followed by a list of applications, which can be updated, installed or deleted.

After selecting apply, a window pops up saying "please wait while your applications are updated".
Below that is "update", followed by the status of the update (back up 3rd party applications etc)
and below that is "reboot"

After the backup, I get to the part "connecting to boot rom", the BB reboots and a window pops up on the desktop manager "The list of applications from your device couldn't be loaded"

The BB reboots, I reconnect and I'm back where I started, "loading applications from device".....................

I have tried re installing DM but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to update using Desktop Manager

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Do you also have your BB OS Package installed to your PC? If not, you should...you can find it here:

Do you have more than one BB OS Package installed to your PC? If so, you should remove all but the one that is installed to your BB.

Give those a try...if that does not work, there is a more tedious set of things I can recommend...

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange

sdgardne,

Thanks for your quick response!

Whilst I'm not totally out of the woods yet, I've managed to update everything and I'm not just setting up my email.

Thanks for your help.

Ballroom

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome, enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................