Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Unavailable Apps

Upgraded to the Bold 9900 and confused as to why I'm unable to download previous apps I had.  TJMS, US Bank, and my local radio stations.  Very upset.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unavailable Apps

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With so little information, we can only guess. My first guess is that you upgraded your BB model and/or OS level (I cannot tell from what you said) to a level that is beyond what the developers of those apps have ported their apps to. Each app developer is responsible to port their apps to every BB model number and major OS level combination...that's a lot of porting for them to do. Some choose not to. Some don't do it as fast as others. But, with what you've posted, I can't tell anything for sure, so this is all a guess. You need to check your BB model and OS level against the compatibility that the developer claims to have. Also, be sure you are installing those apps totally fresh and clean...not using one of the "tricks" for backing up and restoring 3rd party apps (yes, that's just another guess).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I upgraded my BB to the Bold 9900. When I attempted to install my apps to my new phone, I'm told the app is not available for my device. Friend of mines has the same exact phone and was able to re-install some of the same apps we have alike, (Airkast). He's even upgraded to the new OS and is still able to use his Airkast apps. My settings are set to adult in the app world and when I click on other devices in My World, I have a list of apps that are not available for my device.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, I can't tell, from that, much more than before. As I said, you need to check your exact BB model number and exact OS level against what the app developer(s) claims to support. (FYI...I have no clue what "Airkast" is...) Your friend having the "same exact phone" doesn't necessarily mean the same exact BB/OS level combination...

But, now you've given me another hint...AppWorld. So I can take yet another guess:

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Tried the cache clearing with no luck. OK, I have the BB 9900, 7.1.0 Bundle 998 OOS and BB app world 3.1.2.32. I've emailed Airkast who supports my radio stations with no response and spoke with my bank and they stated it should work.
Hall of Famer III

OK, so I guess you are confirming that you are using AppWorld to attempt this...and the version of AW you've listed is the most recent. But, I must ask for clarity (I try not to assume here):

Mssbev wrote:
Tried the cache clearing with no luck.

"no luck" as in, step 4 did not do what I described? Or the Clear Cache worked exactly as written, but nothing changed when you attempted to re-install these from the Uninstalled list? Did you also perhaps try, from within My World, the Logo_Blue.gif > Refresh List command?

FYI...the "Bundle" number on the BB OS itself isn't always recognized by the developers...many still (as do I) cling to the 4 octet format (should be the first batch of numbers, inside of the parentheses, after the Bundle number, starting with the letter v). You also need to compare to what it says inside of AppWorld specifically...the developer may or may not have gotten their updated app (for 7.1...which, as far as app development is concerned, is pretty new) fully pushed through AW. Unfortunately, that as well can be tricky since AW so often says things like "OS6 and above" when, in truth, it actually means OS6.n.n.n and OS7.0.n.n, but not necessarily 7.1.n.n.

Rather than using the "Uninstalled" section of AW, have you tried searching the AW catalog brand new from this device?

I also have a history with one other person trying to use a specific app with a specific OS package, for which it was supposed to be compatible. Turned out that, for reasons yet unknown, the app truly wasn't, and the user had to fall back to a slightly different OS package (from a different carrier) in order to get their app to work. It was very strange, but it may be causal here as well. If there is a different 7.1 OS package you can try (perhaps from a different carrier), that might help. Or it might not...there's no way to know anything about this 100%.

Have you also tried removing and re-installing AW itself? Sometimes that can help, especially when combined with plenty of Batt-pulls (e.g., batt-pull, remove AW, batt-pull, install AW, batt-pull, etc.).

Good luck!

New Contributor

I've researched more and discovered my friend is on an older version (7.0 OS) with a different carrier. Next question is how do I get BB to notify my developers of the OS update. I really appreciate all your help.
Hall of Famer III

Ah yes, that would explain everything...the apps are compatible with 7.0 but not 7.1.

The answer to your question is, well, you don't...apps are a "push" function...the developers do what they will do and push the apps through AppWorld. RIM doesn't "pull" apps (well, I suppose they do for those that they develop or have strategic partnerships, but 3rd party apps definitely fall into the "push" method). What you do is you push your app developers to port their app to 7.1 and then push it out via AW.

Good luck!