Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

“Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.NoclassDeffound Error” on my Blackberry 8520

I am installing cell tracker software to my phone and was instructed to transfer 5 .jar and .tar type files to my phone after transferring the files and installing the app it does not run and I get error screen “Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.NoclassDeffound Error”  when I try to run the app. I have been told that there has been some error in transferring the files correctly to my cell phone from my PC. Could this be and could someone please help fix this problem?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: “Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.NoclassDeffound Error” on my Blackberry 8520

Hi Nama1980,

Welcome to the Community,

For the Error message you can try Updating your App world .From your device browser go to http://www.blackberry.com/appworld  and update your app world.As the KB says  KB29364 for this error message.

After Updating App World perform a battery pull restart.like this Device Powered On remove the battery wait then reinsert it back after a min.

Please try it and let us know if problem resolves. 

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince

I tried you suggestion but no luck I still have the same problem.

Regards

Elite II

Hi Nama1980,

Well if that Workaround did not solve your problem then I think Perform a full backup of your Device using BB Desktop software and Reload your OS.have a look  :

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software fo...

Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor

I have tried that before and no luck. Do you think that files are not getting transferred properly due to my computer configuration.

Is it a possibility that a pop-up blocker, firewall settings, spyware or anti-virus program or any similar app. is coming in the way of installation of the software.

Regards
Elite II

Hi Nama1980,

Do you mean to say you had already tried Reloading your OS. 

Prince

New Contributor

Hi Prince

I reloaded my OS again last night and still I get the same error message but this time even before I install the software.

Regards
Elite II

Hi Nama1980,

Well if that is the situation then I think wipe your device using Jl_Cmder and then reload your OS.

Also download a fresh OS in your PC and delete any previously installed OS. Have a look at this Link:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? .I hope it will solve your issue.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor

Hi Prince

I am just about to give up. I have tried every thing and still the same thing. I have tried to in stall the software on to two other blackberry phones and I get that same error massage that I got on mine. I think its cell-tracker software which just does not work.

Regards

Elite II

Hi Nama 1980,

I can't really get you ! You told me that you reloaded and even wiped your device then why are you installing that particular Application in your device, just uninstall that app ' Cell Tracker "  and perform a battery pull restart and see what happen.

Good Luck

Prince